x

How to tell if my account is set up as a business or personal ?

I have been a bit confused by the account set up.  How do I find out or how can I tell if I have a personal or business account?  I will only be using the card reader for garage sales and I am not a business.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,

Robin

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

That info won't be displayed anywhere in your Dashboard unfortunately, but we can check for you. When you first create your account, you can choose your business type and Merchant Category Code, but to change it after the fact, you'd need to contact us! 

I went ahead and sent you an email to confirm your account type, keep an eye out!

Message 2 of 5

Can we have a personal and a business account set up with the same phone and reader? If so what needs to be done?

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

You can set up an additional account with a separate email address. You'll just have to choose the correct email address to sign in each time. The reader can be used with multiple accounts as there is no account information stored in the reader. 

Message 4 of 5

HELLO. I READ YOUR RESPONSE. I NEED TO CHANGE MY ACCOUNT TO REFLECT PERSONAL. I THINK IT WAS SET UP AS A BUSINESS INITIALLY BY MISTAKE

Message 5 of 5