x

Display Issues on IPhone and maybe other devices- When an item is added to cart

Display Issues on IPhone and maybe other devices-

When an item is added to cart and maybe several, it is logical to view cart. Once there the user is "stuck." The button to Continue Shopping is hidden by the Check Out button with no way to get back to the product offerings. You can scroll down and see the Continue Shopping button but it will not stay visible for action.

The user is lost at that point and they either just bail out or they have to Checkout in order to Continue Shopping which is not intuitive.

The more I investigate the suitability of the online store, the more I discover that Square On-line Store is "not quite ready for prime time!"

dan

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @mckinney3 - are you still experiencing this issue? 

I wasn't able to reproduce this on my iPhone, using either Safari or Chrome. After adding some items to my cart I was able to pull the screen up in order to access the Continue Shopping button unhindered. 

May want to check that your iOS, apps are running the latest versions, and clear browsing data. Let me know!

Message 2 of 11

Yes!  I am using an iphone 5 running IOS 10.1.1

When 1 item is added to cart, then you can still see the Continue Shopping Button but it is starting to be covered up.  

When two or more items are added to cart , then you can scroll down and see what is in the cart but when you remove your finger from the screen, the screen scrolls up masking the ability to Continue Shopping. Then you are "stuck."  

The folks I am having test the site also experience the same problem and that is when I learned of the problem.

Message 3 of 11

PS - The exact thing happens when I switched to Chrome.

Message 4 of 11

PPS- My IPhone Model is 5s. OS V 10.1.1

Message 5 of 11
Square

Sorry for the delay, @mckinney3 - thanks for following up. Interestingly, while I'm not able to reproduce this with my own account, I could when viewing yours. I'll get a support ticket open for you so we can investigate it further. Thanks again!
Message 6 of 11

And thank you.  

This glitch can be a deal breaker for me.  I'll see if I can get specifics on other phones and relay that information for your problem solving.

-dan

Message 7 of 11

Hey Spencer can you provide me the url of a store that does not suffer from this problem so I can view on my phone.

Message 8 of 11

Spenser -  I have checked other Square On-Line stores and they all have the same problem that I experience with my phone.  The Continue Shopping button is obscured.  Not just my site on my phone.

I also had 5 other iPhones check thee sites and they ALL see the same thing.

Message 9 of 11
Square

Thanks again for your patience while I looked into this further, @mckinney3.

I've passed this on to our developers to review, however - speaking candidly - I'm afraid I wasn’t given a timeline from our engineering team, so I don’t have that information to share with you on when this might be corrected. As it stands, your customers will need to use a desktop browser when purchasing more than item or two.

I'm certainly aware this not the best answer and understand if you need to find a different solution for your business.

Sean recently posted about some of the integrations we offer, to ensure that your store is up and running for the holidays these may be a better option. I’m also happy to help answer any questions you have regarding these partnerships.

Really sorry for the experience and of course, I will update again if I hear otherwise!

Message 10 of 11

Thank you Spenser, but.......

I am growing weary (and the best I can tell others as well!) of Square's continued position that "We are sorry for your trouble, Our tekkies don't know what to do or its not a priority, we love feed back and suggestions from our users, but we don't intend to fix these fundamental issues anytime soon." (Some variation of that phrase shows up way to many times from Square Moderators)

That you would seriously suggest these things show how out of touch you are with your customers needs:

• You need to get your customers to use a desktop computer or a tablet when ordering more than one product when 80% plus of all access is on mobile devices.
  • You need to check out integrations that have been suggested by sean so you can "be up and running for the holidays."  Spenser, that horse is out of the barn.

Face it, the Square On-line Market and Stores are seriously flawed:

• Its OK to be simple but you must be functional
  • You are unwilling to support more than 10 Categories
  • The adaptability to various mobile devices is lacking and particularly the main banner implementation.  Just completely unacceptable
  • There is no search function within the store - how are customers to wade thru many, many offerings without the ability to search
  • The pictures within a listing cannot be rearranged. To add a new picture or to change the order, all the views and the descriptions have to be deleted and just start over.
  • Changing the pictures within a category is so slow (lag) that it is just not worth the time investment
  • Unfortunately these flaws do not surface until a huge investment in time and energy has been sunk and then one is left high and dry
  • The solution of writing API code is just beyond typical store owners
  • The solution of going to a third party partner and then starting over is not a very good one.  If this is ultimately what anyone serious about an online store has to do, then PLEASE just pull this "not ready for prime time" and very weak link in the Square Suite of Solutions

I would love to have my time and money back that I have wasted on this product.

You guys were almost there with a totally integrated system that allowed one product base to be placed in various channels. Is a shame that you fumbled in the "red zone."

Spenser, do you know if your store partners are free if you are a Square User?  Will the gift cards be accepted thru the gateway that works its way back to you?

dan mckinney

pixel point

Message 11 of 11