x
Admin

Why isn't Instant Transfer available?

Why aren't I able to use the Instant Transfer feature? 

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Message 1 of 138
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

To get started, our Instant Transfer FAQs is a great resource for getting more details about this feature. I am also happy to highlight some reasons that Instant Transfer could be unavailable. Check them out below:

• You haven’t linked a debit card, you haven’t confirmed your debit card, or you’re attempting to link an unsupported debit card: Link a supported debit card: visit your in-app Settings > Instant Transfer > Link a Different Card.
  • Your current balance is below the minimum amount (after fees): $25
  • Your current balance is greater than $10,000. You can send up to $10,000 per Instant Transfer.
  •  You have at least one single transaction greater than $10,000. Square cannot send transactions greater than $10,000 via Instant Transfer or Scheduled Transfer.
  • Your debit card is no longer unsupported: Link a new debit card and try again. To link a new debit card: visit your in-app Settings > Instant Transfer > Link a Different Card.
  • There is a delay in account review: We regularly review every account and this can result in a delay to sending transfers instantly. If this happens, Instant Transfer will be available once we complete this review (typically one business day) and we will send your transfer to your linked bank account in one to two business days, per your normal transfer schedule.

Hope this brings more clarity to the issue! 

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 138
137 REPLIES 137

May I ask if they fixed the issue on Monday or how long it took?  I got the message today and am wondering how long I'm really looking. Of course customer service is closed today...

Message 85 of 138

Why isn't my instant deposit available when I have the minimum amount of money in there and my bank is linked

Message 86 of 138
Square

@Jahsalynwelch - Please see this thread for more details. Thanks! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 87 of 138
Super Seller

There are a lot of potential issues. This help file might explain something relevant to you. Have you been able to complete an Instant Deposit in the past?

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5440

Message 88 of 138

I have been with square for over a few years, same as the girl below. Card has not changed, everything is the same, but no instant deposits.

Message 89 of 138

I have used it in the past, it stopped two months ago.

Message 90 of 138
Square

@Pattyshaffer - That doesn't make sense! Please reach out directly and we'd be happy to take a closer look for you. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 91 of 138

I spoke to someone they told me. BOA don't take it anymore, I went to bank of America he said that there's no problem on their end. 

Message 92 of 138

[PERSONAL INFORMATION REDACTED]

Message 93 of 138
Admin

@Pattyshaffer Hello! I just wanted to follow up in this thread to let you know that all Bank of America debit cards - including Small Business Banking Cards - can now be used with Instant Deposit. 🙂

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 94 of 138

I followed all of the necessary prompts to make an instant deposit, and the unlightes deposit prompt will not allow me to make a deposit, what should I do?

Message 95 of 138
Admin

Hey @handsofmercy17 — welcome to the seller community!

Sorry to hear about the trouble with instant deposit. It looks like another seller had a similar question, and received an answer. Check out the reply from Sean. Hope that helps clear things up a bit more.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 96 of 138

Unbelievable. I've been using Square and instant deposits for my law firm for quite some time. Now all of a sudden instant deposits are not working. I called Square and received little to no assistance. 

Message 97 of 138
Square

Sorry to hear that, @Elsospetto. Unfortunately we can't address your account specific issue here in the Community, as it's public. I'll ensure your support case is updated, keep an eye out.

Message 98 of 138

I can't get my instant deposit to work with my debit card or it just won't give me the option butcits linked and verified am I doin something wrong

Message 99 of 138
Square

Thanks for posting, @brandykelly2014. I moved your post to an existing thread on this topic. Check out Sean's response on the first page here, thanks!

Message 100 of 138

Is the anyone elese have trouble with instant depost today??

Message 101 of 138

Me too, they said my deposit went through and it did not! Im so angry they charge us for our money and we dont even get it!

Message 102 of 138
Square

Hi @mikej561 @Canine — It looks like another seller had the same question, and received an answer. Check out this thread for more details. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 103 of 138

Yes I am! 

Message 104 of 138
Admin

Hey @dglenn_87, sorry for the frustration. If you haven't seen it already — Sean's reply may add more clarity. In addition, phone support is available to sellers from Monday through Friday. To get your code, have a look at this post.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 105 of 138