x

Retail boutique inventory

I have a Bridal and dress shop, What is the best way to put bridesmaids dresses in that we can sell OR order from the sample, I can order different sizes and colors.

I also have "samples" that I have in stock but can not sell the sample but can order, , I'm  confused.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, 

I'm a bit confused by this as well, so you're not alone there 🙂

To clarify, you're looking for a solution where you can list certain dresses with different variations of color and size for sale, but also another set of items that can be ordered but not sold?

Is that correct? 

Message 2 of 5

Yes to your question. I'm having the same issue. Say I have a shirt...I have it in different sizes and colors. What's a simple way to do that in the POS and retail? 

Message 3 of 5

Yes, say I have a 6 dresses 2 small 2 med 2 large what is the best way to use in the system?

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Thanks for circling back!

If you're using Point of Sale, it sounds like you'll want to set variants or price points for each of these items (e.g. dresses or shirts) — you'll then be able to track inventory for each variant (e.g. small, med, large).

Learn more about this in our Support Center: Item Variants or Price Points

Does this help get you in the right direction? Please let me know if there's anything else you would need and I'll be happy to have another look.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 5 of 5