x

Does Square offer recurring payments (subscriptions)?

I want to know when will you start automatic reacquiring debit system in place?

Message 1 of 115
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi Everyone 👋

Good news! We recently launched a feature that will allow sellers to offer subscriptions using Square Online Checkout

Take a look at this product update for more information. Alternatively, you can also use recurring invoices with Square. 

Please note that the membership functionality through Square Online Store still does not have a recurring payment option. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 105 of 115
114 REPLIES 114
Square

@kahml - Happy to follow up. While you can't delete a series, you can hide ended series. Just click where it says "All Recurring Series" to uncheck "Ended." Here is a screenshot:

For your second question, the confirmation will look like this (but with your business details):

Hope this helps!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 85 of 115

I want to bill on the "its the 1st of the month" but I don't want the customer to be invoiced only sent an email with a reciept of payment. I also do not want to have to go through manually and charge the card on file for, hopefully, a lot of customers. Please explain how this works. Also, do you have any sample contracts you can provide with standard language for cancelation policies and agreements to charge a card on file?

It would be extra nice to be able to have a bar code sticker system that a scanner can scan and see if the customer is current.

Message 86 of 115

@Sean, Now that I have ended that series, and followed your example to no longer display ended invoices, when I go to the Invoices page, it still shows an unpaid/outstanding balance.

That is incorrect.  How can that be fixed?

Message 87 of 115
Square

@SOAPHAND - We don't have any sort of contacts to share, but definitely understand how that would be useful. If you want to charge a card on file, just make sure you enter those card details when you set up the recurring invoice. You'll also need to keep an authorization form on file. 

@kahml - The Invoices tab has it's own separate filter from the Recurring Invoices tab. You'll just need to adjust the filter on that tab as well to reflect what you want to see. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 88 of 115

How do I add a customer credit card for future sales. And how do I charge without swiping the credit card.

Message 89 of 115
Square

@KFT - Check out this thread for the answer to your question. 😀

Sean
he/him/his
Message 90 of 115

I have customers that are looking to charge certain products and want them mailed each month automatically without having to call me or order them. They just want to sign up and it auto sends and charges.  Is there a way to set up a customer like this?

Message 91 of 115
Square

@depascal - You sure can. 😉  Check out this thread for more details. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 92 of 115

Can Recurring Payments be set up, on the online webstore?

Message 93 of 115
Square

@randydorsey10 - We don't currently offer this functionality, but I can definitely see how it could be very useful (and a time saver). I'll be sure to pass along the suggestion to our product liaison team. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 94 of 115

Can I create an automatic withdraw with my customers cards? I take the same amount out every month on the same day and would like it automated.

Message 95 of 115
Square

Hi @melissaL, we just recently introduced recurring Invoices, check out Sean's response of the first page of this thread.

Message 96 of 115

I'd like to set up a monthly debit transaction for customes, is this a possibility, using square?

Message 97 of 115
Square

Hi @DrM, we do offer the ability to save a card on file, and after you do so, set up a recurring invoice/charge. I moved your post to another thread on the topic; check out Sean's response on the first page to get started. Thanks!

Message 98 of 115

Until square realizes what we are looking for this feature will be a beta only item. 

We need to charge members that are members a recurring charge and have their card charged and if it is declined sent a new email. Then we also need to be able to scan something for that member to verify their card was charged and they are current to participate in the membership. Not hard. You have a scanner you have recurring billing but finding a work around is too hard when there are other things we need to do in our business like promote the membership. 

Message 99 of 115

IS THERE any method  of posting RECURRENT account?

Message 100 of 115
Square Community Moderator

@Daniloto Hi there,

Check out this existing thread, as it outlines a recent product update that lets you set up recurring payments. 

Message 101 of 115

This reply was created from merging a comment from an existing thread: “How do I set up items that customers can rent?”. The original author has been notified via email.

Hi my name id West I also have a rental buissines. Seen you were renting equiptment of sort as well. I wonder if you could answer a question. Can I set up recurring charges so that the rent is automatically charged daily. Not a recuring invoice but a charge. And does square have a live help line. Thanks Sincerly, [personal information redacted]

Message 102 of 115
Alumni

Hi @Uspostmaster - thanks for making your first post to the community!

Currently, our option for recurring charges is to create a recurring payment series using Square Invoices with Card on File. Please check out @Sean's post on the first page of this thread for links to more information on this feature. 

Message 103 of 115

Is there a way to add set late fees if a recurring payment isn't paid on the due date? ie If bill is due on the 15th, and payment is not made by the 15th there be an additional $6 late fee?

Message 104 of 115
Admin

Best Answer

Hi Everyone 👋

Good news! We recently launched a feature that will allow sellers to offer subscriptions using Square Online Checkout

Take a look at this product update for more information. Alternatively, you can also use recurring invoices with Square. 

Please note that the membership functionality through Square Online Store still does not have a recurring payment option. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 105 of 115