x

Can I enter an item code for each item at the time of purchase?

I own a high end consignment shop and have 100's of one-of-a-kind items. Each item has its own item code.  I would like it to be mandatory to enter an item code for each individual sale. Then, run a report at the end of each month showing what items were sold so I may then pay my vendors. Please help!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Admin

Hi @TopangaMerc, welcome to the seller community!

Thanks for bringing this up. It sounds like the best way to do this is to create a specific item and set the inventory count to one. If you include the item code in the item title, description, or as the SKU — it will show up in the downloadable version of your Transactions report. You'll be able to run this report for any given window of time and be able to determine which vendors are eligible for payment.

Hope this helps — if I'm missing the mark here or if you have any other questions, please feel free to reply!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 11

Thank you for your reply.

The problem is the amount of time it takes to enter a SKU, description, price, etc. for one item. When I sell the product the next day, I'll then have to delete the item from my list. If I don't do this for each sale, I'll be left with 100's of items I'll never use again. Make sense?

Message 3 of 11

@TopangaMerc Did you find a solution to your question? Adding items in one at a time is a cumbersome solution so wondering if you found a different approach.  Thanks

Message 4 of 11
Alumni

There are a few other consignment stores on the Community @LouisvilleMerc. Have you been able to connect with them about this? I know @ConsignConnect is also working on this issue. 

Message 5 of 11
Beta Member

The API between Square and Rose has been rock solid for two weeks now. We've been finishing up some cosmetic and a few features to get her ready for demo. I'll post on here as soon as we are ready. Thanks. I'm excited to offer integrated consignment on Square as we love Square but needed to desperately update our software and we didn't want to leave Square. So, we made our own and boy was that fun. 🤯

Message 6 of 11
Alumni

Super exciting news!

Message 7 of 11

Nothing yet.

Message 8 of 11
Beta Member

Our software allows you to register a sale for items not in inventory as long as you have a consignor account # attached to each item. You then ring up the category and in the "notes" field put the consignors account # to post the sale too. Rose then posts the sale to that account # with whatever % split setup for that consignor. If you input inventory into our software, you then have a barcode to scan at the register instead of typing in the account # and price for each item. Hope that makes sense. 

Message 9 of 11

Sorry, what or who is Rose?

Message 10 of 11
Beta Member

Haha, sorry Rose by Consignor Connect is our software. It's named after our consignment business - Second Hand Rose Consignment Stores of which we have three. We have anClothing & Bridal store, Children's clothing store and Furniture & Decor store. 

Message 11 of 11