x

Low Stock Alerts

Before Square's most recent update, I was able to track inventory without necessarily having the Alert buttons on.   Now, in order to get zero alerts on certain products, I have to turn off the tracking button.  Will this affect my inventory if I make a sale on one of these products?  I guess I need to know if tracking actually still works even though I have to turn it off in order to not get alerts.

Message 1 of 31
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

If you are tracking item inventory levels you can turn alerts on or off for each of your items you are tracking.

Click on an item (in the Desktop Dashboard) and you will see this at the bottom of the screen.  In my case I am not tracking stock on this item.   Click on Low Stock Alert "None" in my case.  -->

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 9.01.03 AM.png

You will get this pop up menu.  Here you can turn on/off Stock tracking and Alerts.

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 9.01.27 AM.png

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

If you are tracking item inventory levels you can turn alerts on or off for each of your items you are tracking.

Click on an item (in the Desktop Dashboard) and you will see this at the bottom of the screen.  In my case I am not tracking stock on this item.   Click on Low Stock Alert "None" in my case.  -->

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 9.01.03 AM.png

You will get this pop up menu.  Here you can turn on/off Stock tracking and Alerts.

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 9.01.27 AM.png

Message 2 of 31

This is what I've been doing but it won't "stick".  I know there is a Save box up in the right hand corner.  What I'm experiencing is if I'm tracking an item, I also have to be alerted for it.

Message 3 of 31
Super Seller Alumni

Not following you but another is having issues saving his changes.  Is this what your issues is to.  The save button in the top right is not blue and will not let you save the changes?

Message 4 of 31

YES!!

Message 5 of 31
Super Seller Alumni

What browser are you using?

Message 6 of 31

Firefox

Message 7 of 31
Super Seller Alumni

Try Chrome.  There have been other issues related to Firefox.  Mine works on Chrome and Safari so I am going to say that's your issue.

Message 8 of 31

Thanks!

Message 9 of 31

tried all different browsers including chrome.. its not working still.

Message 10 of 31

Yep, same here.

Message 11 of 31
Admin

@CLECLOTHINGCO @kecree01 Sorry to hear that! Can you try clearing your cache as well as these Dashboard troubleshooting steps in our Support Center?

If you're still experiencing issues after troubleshooting please contact our Support team directly so we can investigate this further! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 12 of 31

I did that, too.

Message 13 of 31
Admin

Thanks for going through all of those steps @kecree01! I went ahead and started a case for you with our Support team. They'll be in touch by email soon to investigate this further! Thanks for our patience with this! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 14 of 31

How to activate tracking option once and for all my inventory ?

Message 15 of 31
Admin

Hey @cabreramouzo, thanks for checking in. It sounds like the bulk enable option should get you where you need to be. Have a look at our Support Center and let me know if you have any other questions: Enable Inventory in Bulk.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 16 of 31
Super Seller Alumni

You can also make the change via csv.  

Export your inventory.  

Open the csv file in your favorite spreadsheet software.  

Find the column labled " Stock Alert Enabled (location name)"  Change the value to "N".  

Save the spreadsheet as a .csv and upload it.  

Make sure you choose "Modify Item Library".  I would do this after you close or before you open so you don't have any inventory issues.    

This will be much faster anyway if you have a bunch to change.

Message 17 of 31

I am using Square for Retail and we have some items we can't track inventory due to the limitations Square has.  For those items we have turned off stock tracking.  When we add that item to the pos we get a Low Stock alert that pops up on the POS.  How can I get this from not popping up for those items?

Thanks!!

Message 18 of 31
Admin

Hey @javis! Do you have your alerts turned off like RHatch talks about on this post? If those alerts are turned off and you're still seeing that Low Stock alert, I'd go ahead and give our Retail team a call so they can look into this with you.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 19 of 31

Yes alerts were turned off for the item I was sampling.

Message 20 of 31
Alumni

Thanks for following up and letting us know. Keep us updated on what the Retails Team finds out. 

@javis

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 21 of 31