x
Alumni

Getting Started with Square - Registration Now Open!

Hi Seller Community!

We’re gearing up to launch a new webinar series to help you get the most out of Square. To make sure we’re covering the most interesting and relevant topics for you, we have a couple questions...

1. What do you wish you knew about Square before you got started?
  2. What products/features are you interested in trying, but haven’t yet?

Our goal is to make sure you know the ins and outs of using everything Square has to offer to help grow your business. If there’s a particular topic, product or feature you want to dive into, let us know in the comments.

We'll also update this thread once registration is available and hope to see you for the live broadcast!

Message 1 of 17
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Update: Registration is now open! If you’re new to Square or want a refresher, register for Getting Started with Square today. As this is our first of (hopefully) many webinars to come, we are limiting registration to the first 150 Sellers. If you’ve registered, let us know what questions you have in the comments. We'll try to cover as many as we can in the allotted time!

View Best Answer >

Message 13 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

I will lie to ba available to add Square to my website.

Message 2 of 17
Super Seller Alumni

Great idea! Love it!

1. I wish I knew:

1.a. How important getting all of my systems integrated would be for data and customer management - Loyalty, Email & Text Receipts, Email Marketing

1.b. How easy and important Email Marketing could be, and how to use them effectively for retension and not just sending out coupons.

1.c. How much time and effort and anguish physical Gift Cards would save me, and how incredibly sweeeeet and easy eGift Cards could be to sell and redeem!

2. Want to learn:

2.a. I'm interested in trying out Employee Management with Sales Tracking & Timeclock & Payroll, put unsure of how deep the integration goes with employee tracking of hours, tips, automated payroll, and all of the rest.

2.b. I just started using eGift Cards and want to know more about fun and creative ways of using them and promoting them.

2.c. I'm curious about online store integrations with the partner sites.

2.d. What are some use cases for Custom reports? I've just used the standard ones - why would/should I use custom ones?

Thanks so much! Looking forward to this!

Pesso

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 3 of 17
Super Seller Alumni

@pessosices

I like your ideas. 

I use Employee management, payroll is not available in my state yet.  We have about 18 employees, we use it to track their hours.  It allows us to track hours and overtime.  We pull the report and just enter the hours into our current payroll system.  You can track sales by employee, they use a 4 digit code to access the POS, you can also see who is taking discounts, returns, all kinds of things. With Employee Management you can set permissions so some of our employees are able to do and see more than others.

For Custom Reports I have a report we use for sale bonus.  We offer a bonus if select items are sold.  This allows me to see how many select items each employee sold.   We have another one that just looks at sales for a specific line of items.  I just helped a user the other day create a tax report that breaks down Tax and Non taxable sales by day.  All just depends on what you want to look at.

Message 4 of 17
Alumni

Thanks for the feedback! The goal for this first (test) webinar is to help folks get set up to properly use Square, so these questions are right in-line with that we were thinking. Plus, we have some great ideas for future webinars as we get ready to expand our library and webinar program.

As a follow-up, do you feel webinars are the right venue to host this kind of training? What other content types would be helpful for you to learn more about Square?

Message 5 of 17
Super Seller Alumni

Webinars are great but there are so many times that they are done at the wrong time.  As long as they are posted and available to be viewed at any time they will be great.

Another webinar segment that should be done is on hardware.  Hooking up, using, etc.  I'm talking, readers, stand, printers, drawers etc.

Message 6 of 17
Alumni

Agree that we should try to record them and make them viewable at any time. Out of curiousity - what do you think is the best time for a live webinar? 

Message 7 of 17
Super Seller Alumni

That is a hard question to answer.  It there a day that is better than another or a time?  Part of the problem is if you do it at 10:00 am PST it is 1:00 pm EST.  All you can do is post the date and time and get as many as possible.  That is why posting them will be of value to most.

Message 8 of 17
Super Seller

I 100% agree that if these sessions aren't recorded for playback at any time you are missing 95% of your audience.

Message 9 of 17
Alumni

Agreed! We will be recording the sessions to make available for on-demand viewing and streaming after the live presentation completes. Thank you all for the feedback here - it's been super valuable to our strategy and thinking around this type of education!

Message 10 of 17
Super Seller Alumni

There are many things I see on the forum that new users just don't understand, mostly because they don't take the time to read.  Square has done a nice job with the task list when you first get your account.

Here are some topics I think people struggle with.

Dashboard 

• Walkthrough all sections of the dashboard and where to find things.

Item setup steps

• Create your categories - helps group items and is great for reporting.
  • Create Tax - Setting this up before you add your items makes it easier in my opinion.
  • Adding your first item - Show how to add an item manually and explain all the fields. Adding the first item allows you to export your item list and have a good example to work off of.
  • Export item list
  • Add the rest of your items using the spreadsheet.  Explain all the columns
  • Import items
  • Adding images - Explain how images added show up on grid and online.
  • Add items to the app Grid.

Customer management 

• Set up permissions
  • Set up employees
  • Set up app for passcode use
  • Set up app for time clock
  • Time Clock and reports
  • Sales Reports by salesperson

Setting up the Square online store.

• complete walkthrough
  • How to link it to your current site.  Give examples.

Message 11 of 17
Alumni

Thanks @RHatch! As we expand the webinar library we plan to go deep into each product area, so these are some great ideas for us to explore.

Message 12 of 17
Alumni

Best Answer

Update: Registration is now open! If you’re new to Square or want a refresher, register for Getting Started with Square today. As this is our first of (hopefully) many webinars to come, we are limiting registration to the first 150 Sellers. If you’ve registered, let us know what questions you have in the comments. We'll try to cover as many as we can in the allotted time!

Message 13 of 17

Will you be doing this again? I missed the first one and am still fumbling through on how to exctly use Square.  Its rather confusing and not exactly user friendly.

Message 14 of 17
Alumni

Yes, absolutely! Our goal is to launch a series of "Get Started" webinars next year to help you everyone setup and running with best practices from our team and others in the Community.

What questions do you have or issues are you running into getting setup?

Message 15 of 17

How easy is it to use SquareUp? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Message 16 of 17
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “HOW TO GET STARTED? NEWBIES HERE!”

@Twooten0385 Welcome to Square! I've moved your post here — you might be interested in the upcoming Getting Started with Square webinar. Register here

We also have a great Get Started guide here but please don't hesitate to follow up with us if you have any questions! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 17 of 17