x

Is it possible to include a balance forward on a new invoice?

I have a client who still owes me for February services and I'm about to send my March invoice for services to be performed. It's it possible to include the previous outstanding balance?  It seems like it should be as this is a basic accounting/ billing function. 

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Welcome to the seller community, @Drewski, and thanks for bringing this up. 💯

I see what you mean—the option to include or consolidate balances previously due on a new invoice isn't available at this time, though I can certainly see how this would be helpful for many sellers.

Rest assured that I'll be surfacing your post with our Invoices Team and point out how this would streamline accounting and make sure your client is fully aware of payment(s) due. We're always making improvements based on seller feedback, so please do keep in touch!

In the meantime, you can track the status of your invoices in the Invoices tab of the online Square Dashboard, and send reminders for any payments that are due.

We've also partnered with a handful of invoice services that may offer a more thorough solution right away. To view current options, head over to your App Marketplace > Invoicing & Services. Hope this helps!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 2