x

Google Play claims my "device isn't compatible with this version."

My son has managed to wipe my phone by trying too many passwords unsuccessfully. Now that I'm restoring everything, I went to the Google Play Store to reinstall Square POS. Unfortunately, I'm not able to, because I'm now being told that my device isn't compatible with this version.

I just verified that my version of Android 4.4.2 was compatible with Square last week (after Square mistakenly sent me an email saying that I needed to update my phone) and I used it successfully just yesterday! 

Do I need to get an older version of Square, and if so, where could I get it? 

This is a real pain, I'm hoping to do some business later today.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

@pfeel1 I'm so sorry to hear about your phone! To meet Square's requirements you must have Android v4.0.4 (or newer) on your phone, AND have use Square Point of Sale app version 41.5 (or newer) by June 1 2018. 

It sounds like you're having trouble with the second part, downloading the app. Can you reply here to let me know what Android device you're using? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4

Hi Helen,

Thanks for your answer. I'm glad to report that I was finally able to download Square POS. It may have been an issue with updating my phone to the latest Google Play Services, but that's just a guess. Never a dull moment.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

@pfeel1 Wonderful, thanks for letting me know you're back up and running! Have a great (and quiet/plain sailing) week! 😀

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4