x

Takeaway/Dine in options for cafe

Hey guys,

im just setting up square for my cafe now- moving from a cash till.

im struggling to organise my items in an efficient way-  how have other cafe owners set up their front screen?

we write on cups for takeaway so I don’t to have to press Cappuccino or late because it’s not necessary because we don’t use tickets. I do however want these options for dine in and to appear on a ticket.

i currently have a 3 take away tiles (small, large, jumbo) with modifiers but an annoying “item1” appears before the modifiers on checkout which I don’t want.

any help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Welcome to Square @Grizzlyespresso! @harriscoffee Do you have any tips about how you've set up your item library or items grid?

You can set dining options to apply to specific items, or you can set a default and change it before checkout. This Support Center article has more information about using dining options with Square.

Also you should be able change the name of that modifier! The steps to change a modifier from the app or Dashboard are here. If you're using the app when you navigate to the Items section and select Modifiers > tap directly on the name of the modifier to make changes and then tap on the name of the Modifier Set or the name of the Modifier option to make changes. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4

Hi @Grizzlyespresso

Maybe this helps? Here is a quick photo of our Checkout screen. We have our big categories here, and then you can see the bottom 2 rows are artist categories for the artisan\handmade gifts we have in our coffee shop. 

square screen 2.jpg 

Then, if you click on the category, for example, Coffee, there is a listing of all items in that category. Each item is then set up with modifiers, extras, and sizes. Here is the "Latte" for example.

square screen 1.jpg 

Our cashier rings up all dine in and takeaway options exactly the same, and then writes on the takeaway cup or verbally gives the dine in order to the barista (the way our cafe is laid out, our barista is right behind the cashier, so it's easy for them to pass along an order). We do not print any tickets except when we're doing a special food event. 

Dine-in is always the smallest size for us (our house cups are 12 ounces). We also allow customers to bring their own cup in and only pay for the house size (even if their cup is larger). 

Maybe this helps? 🙂

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Thank you @harriscoffee! @Grizzlyespresso I hope this helps! 😀

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4