x

option for receipt

My square stopped providing and option to send a receipt to the customer.  How do I correct this?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Super Seller Alumni

I think I may know the problem.

Go to Menu, Settings, Signature and Receipt and make sure Skip Receipt Screen in not turned on.

Message 2 of 12

Thanks RHatch.  The "skip receipt screen" button was off.  Any other suggestions?

This is not consistant.  Sometimes the option shows up, but more and more often it does not.

Message 3 of 12
Super Seller Alumni

Are you using and iPad or Android?  I would make sure you have the latest version of Square.   Does this happen in any patteren like when you use the Contactless Chip reader, or Cash?

Message 4 of 12
Alumni

Hey @three3 & @RHatch

It sounds like your customers may have already used their payment card to make a purchase with a Square seller in the past. With Automatic Receipts, your customer's payment information is linked to their email address or phone number. This way, they won't have to enter their contact information each time. 

Have your customers reported not receiving a receipt? 

Message 5 of 12
Beta Member

Jumping in here. There are times were the receipt automatically sends them a receipt without giving them the option of printing or texting. The system just bypasses the options screen leaving us both wondering what happen. I then have to go back to the main screen, to transactions and then print them a receipt. 

Message 6 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hey @colorsofglass

You should be able to print receipts and order tickets immediately following a payment from the Square app on your iOS device so long as you have your printer set up for it. 

What device were you using? 

Message 7 of 12
Super Seller

We had the same issue with the receipt screen being totally bypassed sometimes (like 30% of the time) up until this spring when we found out that you could call in and have automatic receipts disabled per account (edit: we actually did it on the Square Beta facebook group and Howie did something to our account).

Now we don't have the issue anymore and it also solved the issue of customers spouses finding out about surprise purchases by the receipt being automatically sent.

Message 8 of 12
Super Seller Alumni

In the app under settings / Signature & Receipt, there is a setting called Skip Receipt Screen.  Make sure this is off.  If it is on it will skip the screen for automatic receipt customers.

Message 9 of 12
Super Seller

even with that turned option off it still would skip the receipt screen totally after some customers.  and there didn't seem to be a rhyme or reason because some of the customers didn't even have email addresses entered for square, though most did.  

Message 10 of 12
Beta Member

We are using an iPad on a swivel stand, we have a card reader and a printer. The "Skip receipt screen" is off.

It does not happen with every transaction and it does not happen to the same customer every time. It is very random.

Message 11 of 12
Square Community Moderator

That does sound a bit strange @colorsofglass

It might be best if you give our Support Team a call and we can walk through some things with you. 

Reach out to us when you get a chance from our Contact Us page. 

Message 12 of 12