x
Admin

Why isn't Instant Transfer available?

Why aren't I able to use the Instant Transfer feature? 

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Message 1 of 138
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

To get started, our Instant Transfer FAQs is a great resource for getting more details about this feature. I am also happy to highlight some reasons that Instant Transfer could be unavailable. Check them out below:

• You haven’t linked a debit card, you haven’t confirmed your debit card, or you’re attempting to link an unsupported debit card: Link a supported debit card: visit your in-app Settings > Instant Transfer > Link a Different Card.
  • Your current balance is below the minimum amount (after fees): $25
  • Your current balance is greater than $10,000. You can send up to $10,000 per Instant Transfer.
  •  You have at least one single transaction greater than $10,000. Square cannot send transactions greater than $10,000 via Instant Transfer or Scheduled Transfer.
  • Your debit card is no longer unsupported: Link a new debit card and try again. To link a new debit card: visit your in-app Settings > Instant Transfer > Link a Different Card.
  • There is a delay in account review: We regularly review every account and this can result in a delay to sending transfers instantly. If this happens, Instant Transfer will be available once we complete this review (typically one business day) and we will send your transfer to your linked bank account in one to two business days, per your normal transfer schedule.

Hope this brings more clarity to the issue! 

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 138
137 REPLIES 137

It says post removed Access denied.

Message 106 of 138
Alumni

Hi @hairnnow - If you go to page 1 of this thread, you'll see Sean's response! I'm not sure why Tom's link wasn't working, but you'll find those instructions on the first page 🙂

Message 107 of 138

I have to put this money in bank now instant deposit worked yesterday but not now. Same card

Message 108 of 138
Square

Hi @Belinda, I moved your post to existing thread on this topic, check out Sean's reply on the first page. We can’t address account specific issues here in the community, so if need be, feel free to reach out to our Support team directly. Thanks!

Message 109 of 138

H! I am also having trouble. I have read this whole thread. All 9 pages. Instant deposit is still unavailable, it says 0.00 is available. I have a transaction for 526$ , I have used instant deposits in the past and its worked fine. My card and banks linked. I don't understand why this is happening. I need this money instantly deposited for a reason! Please help! I've emailed cust support and have gotten no response.

Message 110 of 138

As for me I'm never able to instant deposit. I was told today that I have to process more payments then I will be able to instant deposit. I paid money for equipment and I have stopped using PayPal where I'm not being charged for having instant excess to my money. It's very frustrating and it doesn't say in writing that I will have to process a certain amount of money in order to instant deposit. Has anyone else been told this? 

Message 111 of 138
Square Community Moderator

@Key9thward Sorry to hear about the trouble!

However, you should be able to use the Instant Deposits, but only up to the new seller limit. 

For new sellers, Instant Deposit starts with a limit of one instant deposit per day of up to $500. Higher daily deposit amount will become available and you will be able to use Instant Deposit freely once you start to accept payments regularly. 

Message 112 of 138

My instant deposit option reads, "Instant deposit unavailable.  Balance exceeds the instant deposit limit of $500".  The balance I need to deposit  is around $1900. How do I get the ability to deposit more than $500 with instant  depost?

Thank you!

Message 113 of 138

Hello @zeno2358

To have your instant deposit limit raised keep processing through Square! As you build a payment history your instant deposit limit will raise. So just keep making sales and growing your business! 

If you still have questions please let me know! 😀

Message 114 of 138

Thank you.  That's what I imagined.

It's unfortunate that fact is not mentioned anywhere that I can find.  I planned an entire trip with the knowledge and understanding that my instant deposit had been tested, was working, and had a $2500 limit (because that's what's everywhere in the documentation).

Now I'm screwed for a week and stuck... my fault for planning too close to the edge.  But really, that should be mentioned somewhere.

Message 115 of 138
Admin

I'm so sorry for the trouble this caused @zeno2358.

Thanks for letting us know that this information is hard to find. I've shared your feedback with our Content Team. We'll work to make this clearer for all sellers!

If I can help with anything else please let me know.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 116 of 138

Why is my instant deposit button unable to push I just did one not a day ago.Im having a big issue with this because I need my funds now.and it being a weekend I can't get help or anything it's driving me nuts.

Message 117 of 138

im having same issue instant isnt working!!!!!!

Message 118 of 138

wait till the next day at noon it will work.sucks to have to wait that long but it does that to me everytime.

Message 119 of 138
Alumni

Hey @Ticknot & @towstud - there are many things that can change the availability of Instant Deposit. I went ahead and moved your posts to this thread - be sure to check out @Sean's answer about reasons that Instant Deposit could be unavailable.

Message 120 of 138

Mine is doing the same thing!! Why??

Message 121 of 138
Admin

Sorry to hear that @Karen77. I've moved your post to this thread, check out Sean's Best Answer which has some reasons instant deposits could be unavailable

If you have any questions about your account, please contact our Support Team directly. We're happy to help! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 122 of 138

I haven't received my instant deposit and I received an email telling me it has been sent.

Message 123 of 138
Alumni

Hi @Honeyb - sorry you haven't seen your instant deposit! I moved your thread over here where Sean's best answer on the first page has some general troubleshooting for similar issues.

Let us know if this solves your problem!

Message 124 of 138

Used Instant Deposit before and it worked perfectly, now on a second attempt (not on the same day), it's advising me that card is invalid (it's a Bank Of America debit card). No charges or deposits are being declined on Bank of America's end. Why is this happening?

Message 125 of 138
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “Instant Deposit”

Sorry for the frustration @iamt3rry. I moved your post here so you can read the troubleshooting tips posted by Sean on the first page of this thread. I hope these help! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 126 of 138