x

Bank account location address

When I go to Bank Account on the settings page, the address that appears under my name is no longer correct. How do I change that? My account is currently verified but when I enter the account routing number and the account number, I get a message that the routing number is not a valid bank? How can this be?

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

The address listed on the Bank Accounts page under location is your business location.  You can change this in the locations tab.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller Alumni

Square Dashboard doesn't ask for Bank Address?  Sounds like you are entering the wrong number for your Routing number.  There is a graphic on this help page that shows what symbols the routing number is between.

Message 2 of 8

Thanks for your reply. Turns out that the routing number on my checks and deposit slips was incorrect!!! After calling the bank and getting the correct routing number, the edit went through but simply requested another verify. Not sure if that will change the address or not since the verify is still pending.

Message 3 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Oh wow, glad you were able to get that resolved on your checks and deposit slips @ftutone

In regards to your address, you can click on "Send me a free reader" to edit the shipping address on file. 

Unfortunately there isn't a way to edit this without receiving a new magstripe reader, so keep it as a backup or send it to a friend 👍🏼

Message 4 of 8

Well, that was a nice idea but it didn't work! I ordered a new reader and the address autofilled was my correct address but when I checked my Bank Account settings, it still shows the wrong address???

There just has to be a way I can change this other than deactivating my account and creating a new one!

Message 5 of 8
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

The address listed on the Bank Accounts page under location is your business location.  You can change this in the locations tab.

Message 6 of 8

Thank You!

I had changed my location to mobile so I was not seeing an address in Locations. Once I switched it to physical, the "bad" address appeared and I was able to change it to the correct address.

I knew there had to be a way to change that!

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Sorry for my confusion there @ftutone and thanks for chiming in @RHatch 👍🏼

Message 8 of 8