x

Square stand issues

I just set up the square stand and when i swipe the cards for payments, nothing happens.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @sankofa32

If you're not getting at very minimum a message saying the card wasn't swiped properly, it might be that your iPad isn't connected to the Square Stand. Was the battery icon on your iPad reflecting that it's being charged (it should show a tiny lightning bolt in the battery icon)? 

Check out this article and go through some of the troubleshooting tips to see if anything helps:

Square Stand Troubleshooting

Message 2 of 10

Has anyone ever had there Square Stand Card Reader fail and start to not read cards? if so what did you do? ive tried cleaning the mag stripe? reconnecting, re-downloading app, made sure my iPad was up to date. 

Message 3 of 10

how to order new  reader

Message 4 of 10

Hi @IPMLincoln

I've moved your post over to this existing thread, as a seller had a similar question. Check out my post from earlier this year, and try the troubleshooting tips in the article listed. 

If that doesn't help, let me know. 

Message 5 of 10

if you have a Square stand with an accessary hub, try plugging the card reader into a different slot (try all three). This worked when nothing else did. 

Message 6 of 10

Stand card reader not readings card 

Message 7 of 10
Alumni

Hi there @Jmveikals - we moved your post to this thread, as @EJ_'s answer best addresses your question. I'll also include a link to some troubleshooting steps for the Square Reader for contactless and chip, as it sounds like you may be using a Square Stand and that reader together.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 10

Does anywhere repair Square hardware in San Diego? We have a Square Stand and the card slider seems blocked.

Message 9 of 10

Hey @Awaken_Cafe and welcome to the Community.

Sorry to hear you're having troubles with your Square Stand. I moved your post to a relevant thread that lists some troubleshooting you can try.

I'd also recommend finding something thin enough to swipe through the swipe reader part to clean it if you think it's blocked. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 10