x

Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Is there a way 2 take partial payments 4 an invoice?

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Little late with an update here, but wanted to make sure y'all know this is possible with Square Progress Invoices!

You can schedule multiple payments on a Square Invoice by following these steps 

Joe
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Hi there, @LiaJmt - thanks for adding your voice here and checking in on this feature! Good to hear from you. Same to you, @BIONICONE - welcome! 

You may be looking specifically for our newly introduced Deposit Feature for Invoices. This will also allow you to create a single invoice to track multiple payments and reduce the amount of time you have to spend reconciling multiple payments (deposit, follow-up payments) to a single transaction or sale.

Let me know if this is what you're looking for! 

336 Comments

So if figured out a way to get around it.. square allows you to attach a word document as long as it is saved as a pdf. so if you attach a seperate invoice with payment agreement you can simply send them payment 1/4.. 2/4 and so on so that the customer is still gettting a detailed invoice and you dont have to use a bunch of different payment metheds.

Partial payments are good for securing bookinga and balance on appearance. This feature is a must have

Please include me.

Hi

thanks for offering the alternative way to take partial payments, in some cases this will offer a workaround for me. however, having the ability to invoice the customer the full amount then allow them to make partial payments against this would be perfect. As a web development company, it is common practice in my industry to take payments for the project in three stages, the beginning of the project, halfway through and a final payment prior to a new site going live. Adding the facility for partial payments would be a big help.

Square Community Moderator

@esthetig @glassman Thanks for voicing your opinion and business need for this. 

The web development example is a great use case to advocate for this moving forward. Keep an eye out for updates, if anything new comes along we'll let everyone know 👍🏼

Definitely an issue for us as well. Can't wait for that feature to be available.

I own a bounce house rental company and we have to take deposits with every single invoice.

Ive been using you guys for a while now and constantly checking back here to see when you guys will get this simple feature implemented. 

I used to develop video games, if you guys need someone to add this feature I could get it done in a week.

Not sure whats taking you guys so long but im about to start using someone else.

Do you have any idea or rough estimate when this feature will be available?

I have read most of the comments....so please tell me this has been settled?

Alumni
Status changed to: Cannot Reproduce/Needs more information

I design and build custom woodworking items.  I require a deposit upon acceptance of the design, and final payment on delivery.  In some cases, I also take incremental payments as the project is in production.  I must currently use a convoluted invoicing process to overcome the limitations of the SQUARE invoicing capability.

It would be a great help to be able to create a single job invoice and accept incremental payments until the invoice has been fully paid.   And, it would also be helpful to send customers the current invoice showing payments made and remaining balance due.  Prior to choosing movement to SQUARE, I did this in a spreadsheet of my own making.....so, surely it is doable in your system.