x

Cannot charge Square Chip Card Reader

I'm rather puzzled here. I pulled out my Square Chip Card Reader (the small one, not the contactless one) tonight to charge it for an event tomorrow. I have only used this reader a few times, and yet it has already failed: the charging port is rattling around inside. I cannot connect the USB cord properly in order to charge it. When I try to plug it in the cord wobbles badly and the light on the reader doesn't come on at all. Is this a known problem with these readers, or did I happen to get a fluke? I realize user error is usually the problem, but I do make an effort to double-check plug alignment for all electronics I use because I know how easy it is to have the cord turned the wrong way. If it's damaged this easily when I'm this careful with it, I'm not sure I want to spend the money to buy a replacement (I'm fairly certain I bought this more than a year ago, but cannot find a record of it on the Dashboard).

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

I’m in the same position, barely used this thing and it quit unexpectedly at an event and cost me a ton of sales. I’m not impressed!! 

Message 2 of 2