x

Disabling Show Controls not working on mobile platform

I have set Show Controls to "off" on a slideshow. This works correctly when viewing the site in the in the browser on my computer. However, the slideshow controls are viewable and effective on an iPhone and iPad. The site is sandracoleburke.com and the slideshow is on the homepage. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square

Sorry to hear that, @gb1232. How long ago did you add your slideshow? There's a few different possibilities that could be causing it:

1. An old version of the element, in which case adding a new one and remaking it would fix

2. Something with your custom theme is causing it, so switching to a standard theme would fix

3. The element needs some tweaks to work with more mobile browsers (I'd need to know what device and browser version you're using).

I think the simplest thing to test is the second option, since you can easily switch back to your custom theme if it doesn't help.

Message 4 of 3

Thank you for getting back to me on this.

I changed back to the standard theme from which my customization was derived, but it did not change what is happening.

The website is fairly new. I created the slideshow within the past 2 weeks. 

The problem occurs on the IOS and Android. My iPhone 6 is running IOS 10.2.1. The problem occurs with Chrome (56.2924.79) and Safari current version. 

This is a low priority issue as it doesn't adversely affect the website. I just thought I'd report it because this does not seem to be the behavior that I expect. 

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 3