x

Mobile site looks different

Hi,

I tried but i can't figure it out, sorry Smiley Happy  I know you need the theme I am using but i can't remember which one i selected as it was ages ago!  website is childprivacycover.com

Could you please assist - i am trying to make my mobile site replicate the desktop site.

- there is too much white space between the title and text (not on every page)

- i can't seem to get the the text on the accordions to all appear the same.  I tried changing the theme options and they are now all the same but still the size/colour on the desktop and mobile versions are all buggered up.

Thank you in advance

Nat

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square

What mobile device are you using, @Natty_Dee? I compared the two and things looked pretty consistent for me, although maybe I didn't look at the correct page or missed something.

Message 10 of 9

Hi @Natty_Dee,

I agree with @Adam, that it's looking good on my phone. Can you be specific about which page and which titles/text are causing your concern? There are ways (with CSS usually) you can have different line-height for mobile devices if you think you need it. I'd be checking with some friends to see what they think about the spacing though - it looks good to me!

Cheers, Mark

Message 10 of 9

I am having this same problem.   I love the way my site looks on my laptop.  But on my phone it has some type of strange car graphic (not appropriate for my farm).

sugarsweetfarm.com

Thanks!

Elizabeth

Message 10 of 9

Hi @sugarmommy, I can't see the car graphic you're seeing:image

Can you upload a screenshot with the car in it? You're also using an old theme by the look of it which makes it hard to read on mobile devices. Have you tried a modern responsive theme?

Cheers, Mark

Message 10 of 9
Square

I saw the same thing that @MJCS saw, @sugarmommy. I'm assuming that you turned off the mobile version? Can you try this: click on the "edit" button for your header image to edit it, then click the save button. After that, turn on the mobile version of your site and re-publish. Finally, clear the cache on your mobile phone and reload to see if it updated.

Message 10 of 9

Hi Mark, I have been playing around with the site and i think the main problem was spacers that messed up the mobile view. In terms of text i am leaving as is. I really appreciate your reply. thank you for looking. Nat Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 9

Hi @Natty_Dee,

If spacers are your problem - I can recommend the free app called 'Hide'. You use it by dropping it on your page and then adding content to it. Then you choose the from the 4 screen resolution options to hide or show that content. There is a little lag in the content showing/hiding sometimes on the initial page load but if you're looking to hide or show spacers then it wouldn't make much of a difference to the normal page load adjustments.

Hope this helps,

Cheers, Mark

Message 10 of 9

WOW Mark, that looks great. I'll have a look at it later! Thanks
Message 10 of 9