x

Posting a new Blog entry from a mobile app

When will the creation of new blog entries (on an existing blog page) be supported in the mobile apps? Right now we get a "Page Not Supported" error message when trying to edit our "News" page.

It was pretty frustrating to discover that the thing you most want to do on the fly -- adding a new blog post and having it reflect out to social media -- isn't supported in app.

Please say this is in the pipeline and will be released soon.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Hello, and welcome to the Community!

You should be able to add in new Blog posts on the App, via the Blog option on the top left (before entering the editor itself). Where in the process are you running into this message?

Message 16 of 15

I have the same issue "Page not supported  Adding elements to this page is currently not supported--

Why is this?  You are a blog site?  but you can't add a post from a mobile device?  yikes!

Message 16 of 15
Square

Sorry for the confusion, @Gpitler. To add a blog post, tap on the blog card from the app dashboard, then tap on the "+" button to the upper right.

Message 16 of 15

I am still getting this error message "Adding elements to this page is currently not supported". Can I not publish a new blog entry on a page I originally built on my desktop?
Message 16 of 15

I figured it out. Yes, definately counter intuitive, but yes, it worked!

Message 16 of 15

So, i have figured this out, and it is a real failure of User Experience.

You don't "Edit Site" to write Blog entries [counter-intuitive, since that is the way you add/change content on your site]. Instead you click a "convesation bubble" icon in the navigation bar on the first screen of the app, the one with the home  and settings button on it. Then you get to a different editor for Blog Content.

If you do Edit Site [the way you add content to everything else], the Blog page gives you the strange 'unsupported content type' error message, and no clue about the real way to get to what seems a reasonable online editor, once you find it...

/jt

Message 16 of 15

THANK YOU!!!!! Yes, I too went to edit.  I guess it sort of makes sense because we are not editing the format but adding content...well, maybe not.  Glad this is figured out.  Makes my life so much easier!

Message 16 of 15

Hi, nope I have Samsung 8 note and have zero conversation bubble etc. Frustrating.

Message 16 of 15

Sadly, I am getting the same 'unsupported content type' error message when I try to add to my blog on my iphone. This is ridiculous. I have an iPhone 5s. Please do not tell me I need to upgrade.

Message 16 of 15

Ok, i think i figured it out now.  Yes!  Success!

Message 16 of 15

I still get the Site not supported message or a blank page with Done bottom left instead of the new post page. Once I did get the new post page, and uploaded a photo but then it failed to upload the new post and again and again when I retried. Any ideas?

Message 16 of 15
Square

Which site are you trying edit, @webcore? Can you try deleting the app and re-installing?

Message 16 of 15

Thannks, Adam. I'm trying to edit david-severn.com. I've deleted the Weebly app and tried to download again but told I need to upgrade to iOS 9.

Message 16 of 15

That may explain a bit, webcore. It sounds like you may have had an old version of the app, which would certainly cause problems. Are you able to upgrade the iOS on your device?

Message 16 of 15