x

Weebly menu not working on older phones

Hi there,

I've made my website in a responsive theme and on desktops and new phones it's working perfectly. On older phones, you can see the menu icon and you can click on it and it turns in an X, so it looks like the menu is opened. Only you can't see the menu 'rolling down'. What to do? 

Thank you in advance,

Vivian

www.vivianammerlaan.com

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello vivian!

The 4s doesn't seem to be compatible with the latest iOS updates, which means you may be using older browsers and functions, as the latest ones may require assets it doesn't have. That seems like the most likely reason why the site is appearing oddly on that model in particular.

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square

What older phone and mobile browser are you having trouble with, @vivian?

Message 9 of 8

On what I've tested, it doesn't work in Safari on Iphone 4s and an older Android phone from a friend (don't know which one). On several Iphone 6's it works fine.

Message 9 of 8
Square

Do you know if the iPhone 4s are fully updated? Given their age I'm guessing that Apple hasn't probably updated their software in quite a while, so they'll start seeing problems with a lot of sites.

Message 9 of 8

Yes they are updated, but some of the newest apps don't work anymore on the phones. Is it possible that it has effect on an online website? 

Message 9 of 8

Best Answer

Hello vivian!

The 4s doesn't seem to be compatible with the latest iOS updates, which means you may be using older browsers and functions, as the latest ones may require assets it doesn't have. That seems like the most likely reason why the site is appearing oddly on that model in particular.

Message 9 of 8

Is there a way to work around this?  Change something in the code, etc so that someone using an older phone can still access the menu?  Do any of the other themes function better with older phones?  The older phones may be outdated, but the reality is, people still use them.  I myself just got an iphone 4 from a friend, my first smart phone, and used it to test out my website's mobile version, and had the same issue.  

Message 9 of 8
Square

I'm not sure if it would be possible without compromising it for other devices. Some of our older, non-responsive themes could possibly work on it, although you wouldn't be able to select it for a site unless you had used one with it in the past.

Message 9 of 8