x

banner images disappear on mobile

Hello, 

I've been struggling with the mobile version of our website mountaintopmaids.com

For some reason, the mobile version deletes the banner images on our home and contact pages, which is a real bummer.

I realize from other posts that I can't modify the mobile version directly. So how can I modify the desktop version so that it shows up correctly on the mobile version?

Thanks,

Katrina

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

It looks like you're using the older, non-responsive version of Clean Lines, @kfortune. Go to the Theme tab, then click on the "Use Updated Theme" button on the lower left. After you re-publish your mobile site should use your header images.

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square

Best Answer

It looks like you're using the older, non-responsive version of Clean Lines, @kfortune. Go to the Theme tab, then click on the "Use Updated Theme" button on the lower left. After you re-publish your mobile site should use your header images.

Message 12 of 11

Thanks!

Message 12 of 11

Hi ~ I am having this problem, but more so that the images on mobile are cut off in awkward ways.  I am not seeing the "Use updated theme option" you refer to.  Is it browser specfic?  I am using Safari.

THANKS ~ L

Message 12 of 11
Square

Which site are you having trouble with, @LN?

Message 12 of 11

Message 12 of 11
Square

I think what you're seeing is just what happens on a device with a different screen ratio. Mobile phones are much narrower, so it'll crop the image in a different way.

Try doing something like this:

1. Get an app from our App Center called "Hide": https://www.weebly.com/app-center/hide?ref=ac-search

2. Drag that element into your header area, set it to only show on small screens

3. Add a spacer element to it.

It might take a little bit of tweaking but it should make your header area a little taller on mobile so it shows more of your image.

Message 12 of 11

Thank you!  With some tweaking it appears much more pleasing!  THANKS!

Message 12 of 11
Square

Awesome! Glad to help. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 11

The background image on the homepage is one that I uploaded. It does not resize accordingly and so displays incorrectly on any device other than a desktop. Weebly should inform its users that the responsive themes apply to Weebly content only.

I spent a lot of time desiging two ads for my splash page only to have the ads display incorrectly. I tried the Hide app but it does not apply to backgrounds. 20 minute hold times for tech support. Any suggestions?

Message 12 of 11
Square

Background images should respond different on different screens, although the difference in screen ratio can means that different parts of the image might show.

Message 12 of 11