x

iOS error message when sharing blog on iphone/ipad

I've never had an issue before but all of a sudden while I'm trying to share my blog on Facebook Weebly gives me and error message that says: Account Not Connected - To share your blog post you need to set up your facebook account in iOS setting. Im running iOS 11.

I already double checked my setting in my Weebly dashboard and it is linked to my Facebook account.

HELP!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Square

Have you set up your Facebook account with your iPad itself, @Raynebow? I believe the apps need you to have your iOS device set up with a Facebook account in the Settings app.

Message 15 of 14

And where exactly are we supposed to set this up? I can find no place in either Weebly, Facebook or Twitter settings to connect them. It used to work without a problem.

Message 15 of 14
Square

Do you have the Facebook app installed, too?

Message 15 of 14

I do and Twitter also.

Message 15 of 14
Square

Ok, it should be using those. Are you seeing an error message when publishing?

Message 15 of 14

When I go to share a post on Twitter, I get a message: Account no connected  To share your blog post you need to setup your Twitter account in iOS setting.

I find nothing that addresses this. It used to work just fine, then stopped.

Message 15 of 14

Same thing happens with Facebook.

Message 15 of 14
Square

What version of iOS do you have installed, and what version of the Weebly app are you using? You find both within the Settings app. 

For iOS: Settings > General > Software Update

For Weebly app: Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Weebly

Message 15 of 14

iOS 11.0.3

Weebly 4.41.2

Message 15 of 14
Square

Ok; it seems like Apple removed Facebook/Twitter ingration from the Settings app in iOS 11. I'm going to check with our engineers to see what our plans are with that. I think in the meantime you'll have to share the URL of your site or blog posts manually, unfortunately.

Message 15 of 14

Thank you for looking into it!

Message 15 of 14
Square

No problem! Thanks for letting us know. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 14

Hello - please inform me as well when its fixed 

Message 15 of 14