x

Do I need to purchase a new card reader if I already have one?

I got a card reader 2 years ago but never registered my business I was just sent a free one. Can I use this reader for my business and if so how do I add the reader to my account? Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

that reader will be fine.  there is nothing you have to do to specifically add it to your account.  simply plugging it into your device or pairing it via Bluetooth to your device will link it to your device for payment processing.  the reader doesn't store any personal or business information at all so they can be used with any account.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5639-set-up-the-square-reader-for-contactless-and-chip

if you have one that plugs in via the headphone jack simply plug it in.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Best Answer

that reader will be fine.  there is nothing you have to do to specifically add it to your account.  simply plugging it into your device or pairing it via Bluetooth to your device will link it to your device for payment processing.  the reader doesn't store any personal or business information at all so they can be used with any account.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5639-set-up-the-square-reader-for-contactless-and-chip

if you have one that plugs in via the headphone jack simply plug it in.

Message 2 of 4

I need a new reader

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @S222222e - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

To purchase a new reader feel free to visit our Square Shop to view all of the hardware options that we have available for your business.

In our shop you'll find POS hardware accessories for your business. Offering various equipment including receipt printers, barcode scanners, cash drawers & more.

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4