x

Items sold discrepancy on Report

I am new to accepting payments on Square - 

I was hoping someone could explain a detail on the emailed report to me. It states "items sold" as 2 (TWO),  Then clearly shows a single sale. Would you please explain to me how I might be misinterpreting this message?

Thank you so much
Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 8.15.30 AM.png

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @AdventureHermit -

Thank you for reaching out! I am happy to get to the bottom of this for you. Something you could check is under your Reports under Item Sales for this transaction. This will show you a breakdown of the transaction & what is counted as an item. There are some cases when integrating that the other program can count shipping or tax as an item. 

That is something you would have to check with them on why it's sent to Square that way. 

Let me know if this isn't what you're seeing and I can dig deeper on our end!

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

Kassi – I appreciatie the response. The form is embedded as a button in MailChimp - so I believe it is being directly entered into Square. There was no tax - as I handle that on my side. Also, there is not shipping as it is an event. So, I am not really sure what would have caused the error.

Message 3 of 6

@AdventureHermit

Ah I see! After doing some digging - it looks like sometimes with MailChimp, even though the shipping is $0.00 it can still count it as an item. It seems like a weird import from them. Have you spoken with MailChimp at all? 

Let me know! 

Kassi
Message 4 of 6

I have not - but I appreciate that insight – I will reach out - I figured the button was a direct link to Square - so I had not consider Mail chimp any more than the messenger. Thank you again.

Message 5 of 6

@AdventureHermit

No problem! Happy to help where I can. 

Kassi
Message 6 of 6