x

Prevent Square from forcing customers to provide phone number

When my customers make a payment, Square forces them to provide a phone number during checkout. Is there any way to disable this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

@Crspy are you talking about online or in person payments?  Online pickup and delivery orders always require a phone number.

"

• Make phone number optional: Phone numbers are always required for pickup and local delivery orders, but you can allow customers to opt out of providing a phone number for other fulfillment methods by checking this box."
Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 4

I am talking about online payments where the product is delivered digitally to the customer upon payment. I'm just wondering if there's a way to disable it when there is no use for it, or if it is just for KYC (Know Your Customer) purposes.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Crspy, and welcome to the Seller Community! 

At this time, the phone number would be required to secure your online transactions. This also helps buyers track the history of their past purchases using their Square Profile

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4