x

Square Register with FreshKDS Online Ordering

How do I get my online orders to work with my new Square Register? I have the printers set up with Fresh KDS and want to allow ordering ahead at my coffee shop and they will need to print to the iPads. 

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hello @bweaver94! Welcome to the community!

First, let's verify something: the Square Register unfortunately doesn't support online ordering at this time. The Square Point of Sale on the iPads do, however. I was a little confused by the way you worded your question.

Going under the assumption you have the iPad based Point of Sale, here you go:

First, set up an Online Store in your Dashboard. Follow along all the steps to create/insert items to your store page and brag about that squareup.com address to get the orders flowing! 🙂

Next, go into your Point of Sale and check your settings. There's a section for Remote Orders. Make sure it's set to automatically print incoming orders. Then, check your printers (including your FreshKDS) and make sure the correct categories for online sales (if you've made separate categories!) are printing/displaying where you want them.

After that, all incoming orders from the website will print/display with Square Order or Square Pickup for the name, and have a pickup time listed. You don't have to do anything else from your side.

Two words of warning about the Online Store:

-If your store uses abbreviations for internal items (OM for over medium eggs for example), the abbreviations are what your customers will see on the Online Store. If you use abbreviations, I recommend making a second set of items specific for selling on the online store. As long as you're not using inventory controls, you shouldn't have a problem doing this.

-Square doesn't have an easy way to differentiate between online and in-store sales. The quick and dirty way if you're using the Dashboard App is to look for the line "Untracked Employees." That'll be your online sales. Again, specific items/categories for the online store make that easier to work around.

Have fun! 🙂

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hello @bweaver94! Welcome to the community!

First, let's verify something: the Square Register unfortunately doesn't support online ordering at this time. The Square Point of Sale on the iPads do, however. I was a little confused by the way you worded your question.

Going under the assumption you have the iPad based Point of Sale, here you go:

First, set up an Online Store in your Dashboard. Follow along all the steps to create/insert items to your store page and brag about that squareup.com address to get the orders flowing! 🙂

Next, go into your Point of Sale and check your settings. There's a section for Remote Orders. Make sure it's set to automatically print incoming orders. Then, check your printers (including your FreshKDS) and make sure the correct categories for online sales (if you've made separate categories!) are printing/displaying where you want them.

After that, all incoming orders from the website will print/display with Square Order or Square Pickup for the name, and have a pickup time listed. You don't have to do anything else from your side.

Two words of warning about the Online Store:

-If your store uses abbreviations for internal items (OM for over medium eggs for example), the abbreviations are what your customers will see on the Online Store. If you use abbreviations, I recommend making a second set of items specific for selling on the online store. As long as you're not using inventory controls, you shouldn't have a problem doing this.

-Square doesn't have an easy way to differentiate between online and in-store sales. The quick and dirty way if you're using the Dashboard App is to look for the line "Untracked Employees." That'll be your online sales. Again, specific items/categories for the online store make that easier to work around.

Have fun! 🙂

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 2