x

Square appointments: How do I dismiss the setup guide?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: square appointments continue setup in app

I am testing square appointments for someone.  At the moment, they are only interested in the scheduling (setting up lesson appointments).  I have gone through the setup on the computer, I now want to go to the android / IOS app.  At the bottom of the calendar there is a "continue setup" bubble that takes me to primary setup - "view your booking site", "get setup to take payments", "order your free reader" ...  At this time I don't want to setup payments, order reader, etc.  How do I get beyond this or does that bubble always remain?

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

I asked support.  They said there was an option to dismiss the setup guide.  They said to logout and back in.  I did.  Click on "continue setup", then 3 dots and dismiss guide.  It worked. 

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Alumni

@todivefor - I definitely understand the annoyance of having those notification bubbles there, but I'm afraid they cannot be removed and will remain there. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8

That sux, but thank you.

Message 3 of 8

Best Answer

I asked support.  They said there was an option to dismiss the setup guide.  They said to logout and back in.  I did.  Click on "continue setup", then 3 dots and dismiss guide.  It worked. 

Message 4 of 8
Admin

Thanks for letting us know @todivefor! I've marked your post as the Best Answer so it'll help other sellers. Have a gread weekend! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 8

I have tried this multiple times, log out, log in, and tried a different browser - I have no option to dismiss the guide. There are no dots, on every page, the Setup Guide opens on the right side of my screen and I have to manually dismiss it each time. There are only 2 options left (Subscribe to Plus and Build Item Catalog) - with no option to skip these.

However, I do not want to subscribe right now and I have already built an item catalog... I only have an X in the upper left of the guide which is a very temporary dismissal of the guide. It will just come back at random. There really needs to be a more direct way to close this annoyance for good without jumping through hoops.

Message 6 of 8

THIS. I am stuck in the loop of not being able to complete setup because of these exact same 2 steps. 

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

I recommend both of you report this to our phone team so they can file a ticket and get this in front of our Product team @ceengines @flyingsmiles. They can be rea at 855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday. 

If you call outside of these hours, you will be required to enter your Customer Code to validate your account.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8