x
Beta Member

Square terminal

I'm thinking about going to the square for all of our cc charges. I've been researching the square terminal and see it was offered for $99. back in 2018, it's since went up to $299. Are there any better deals out there for this terminal?

Also if anybody knows does this terminal print a customer copy and merchant copy per transaction.

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

the $99 option was $299 with $200 in credit card fees reimbursed resulting in a net of $99.  We have 3 of the terminals and love them.  they only print one receipt as far as I know as that's how we use it, and even then most people don't ask for receipts either and get a text or email receipts.  I have not seen it any cheaper, it is full price on amazon too.

Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

Thanks for the info, I spoke with an agent today and he told me Amazon will run special deals from time to time. I don't need the terminal for a couple months so hopefully I'll luck out and find a better deal.

Message 3 of 7

I just bought the terminal but need the square for retail account. I have read where the terminal does not work with retail... Is anyone using it with that?

Message 4 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @BrandiB! Thanks for reaching out. So sorry for the confusion, here.

Currently, the only devices that are compatible with the Square for Retail software are the Square Stand and the Square Register

If you purchased your Terminal directly from our online shop, you can begin your Hardware Return here.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

Can you manually enter cards in the square terminal like I do on my other devices?

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Retreat Thanks for reaching out! You can manually enter credit cards into your Square Terminal like you did with your other devices. 🙂 

Follow these steps:

1. Enter the payment amount ($1.00 minimum) or select an item from your library to add to the current sale.
  2. Tap Charge.
    Depending on your Checkout settings, you’ll either see the option to enter your customer card information manually or a screen designed for your customer to process their card payment.
    If you don’t see the option to select Manual Credit Card Entry, tap the X in the upper left hand corner.
  3. Tap Manual Credit Card Entry > enter your customer’s card information and click Charge.
  4. Allow your customer to enter their phone number or email address to select a receipt option, or choose Print Receipt.
  5. You’ll see a final screen that reads All Done after the payment completes.
AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7