x

egift card not showing up

So we have sold a number of e-gift cards to our coffee shop. When a person who has purchased one comes in , they just give us the name and email for the gift card and we use the "Card on File" button to finish the check out for that person - - deducting the amount from the gift card. Recently there are a couple egift cards that we know people have bought and have the email for, but won't show up in the "Cards on File" list to then deduct it. 

Not sure what's going on. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hello @rt66coffee !

eGift cards need one final step that people may be missing. In the "you got an eGift Card!" email the recipient receives is a link they have to click on. The page they go to allows them to attach the eGift Card to their name so that it'll show as a Card on File for you.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen this issue with my eGift cards. Each time they open the email ("Well, I thought that I just had the card without opening the email!"), click the link, fill in their info, and it shows up on our system.

I'm wondering if there could be a better flow for linking the eGift Cards to the name of the customer, but I can't think of one.....

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 3

Thanks for the info, I think this could be our culprit for some of our "missing" gift cards, but there's at least 2 that I know were followed through with the link that we still can't see in our "Cards on File" area. 

Message 3 of 3