x
Square
[Coming soon] Percentage-based tip pooling

Hi Sellers! 👋

We’ve heard your feedback and are excited to introduce our newest feature, tip pooling by percentage, which will be released in the upcoming weeks. This feature will be available with a Shifts Plus, Restaurants Plus, or Appointments Premium subscription. 

Compensating your team members accurately and equitably is critical to managing, maintaining, and growing a highly performing staff.  We are excited to be bringing you more flexibility so that you can set up your operations in a way that is best for your business.

Pool by percentage across all of your tip-eligible roles

Customize your percentages to ensure that all team members have the ability to earn.

Fair and equitable
Team members in the pool with the same job can earn their fair share based on hours worked that workday or workweek.

Get time back

Get out of the spreadsheets!  This tip pooling method is fully integrated with existing reporting and can be exported directly to payroll for seamless and efficient processing.

This feature can be enabled on the Shifts > Settings >Tips screen.

Megan_T_0-1711505108533.png

5 Comments
Super Seller

Very Cool! We split equally but I can see how this request/feature will be big for some users. Thanks for making this happen!

Super Seller

Very very cool @Megan_T   

This will be a welcomed addition in the restaurant industry, where various positions are tipped out at a percentage of the tips, like when a server has to tip out a bartender. 

Super Seller

We will definitely be using this. Currently we split tips amongst team members based on hours worked that workweek. We have been exporting to Excel and calculating it, which takes a bit of time. Having the reports available at the click of a button will be excellent! 

Admin

@tywebb04 making sure you have seen this thread! Feel free to ask @Megan_T any questions you might have

Beta Member

Is there any chance of splitting by device?  I run a store front AND have mobile units.  I'd like to be able to have store tips go to store staff, and event tips go to event staff.