x

Comcast.net addresses not being delivered

I sent out my first email a couple of days ago to a fairly small group of 150. About 20 of the group had email addresses from Comcast. None of the Comcast addresses were delivered, including my test email to myself. I checked my spam folder and it wasn't there either.

No response yet from Weebly support. Is Promote on the bad list with Comcast?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Square

I'm not aware of any specific problems with Comcast and Promote. There are a few different factors that influence spam filtering (if that's what happened). It's probably more likely that something in the email itself raised a flag with Comcast.

Message 2 of 12

I recently switched to Promote from Constant Contact and never had this problem with my Comcast members before. I was able to forward my Promote newsletter from my personal email to my Comcast members with no problem. It appears the problem is with Promote. Are you able to contact Comcast to determine the cause or should I switch back to Constant Contact?
Message 3 of 12

You are having the same problem as me.  Promote has IP addresses that are red flagged.  Over half my list was not deliverable because of this.  Like you, I never had this problem with CC.

I LOVE the features of Promote and how it integrates with my website but this is a major problem.  My IT department found the problem and knows how to fix it but it must be fixed on Weebly's end.  Frustrating!  If it's not fixed by the end of January I'm going back to Constant Contact.

Message 4 of 12

I am having the same problem.  I'm going over to Constant Contact.  All of my Comcast emails are being marked undeliverable.  They are active accounts and not forwards as I checked with them individually.  Comcast is not accepting Promote emails. 

Message 5 of 12
Square

Individual email providers can sometimes decide a particular email is questionable based on a lot of different factors, though it doesn't mean that they are blocking emails entirely.

I took a look at the stats for a recent email you sent out, and the numbers are actually really good. Have you seen our articles about email stats?

https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/216693618-Understanding-Your-Open-Rate

https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/217259667-Understanding-Your-Click-Rate

https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/217259857-Understanding-Your-Bounce-Rate

Message 6 of 12

Adam,

I get your point about open rates. However, when half my list is not deliverable because it's been Red Flagged, what is the point?  I have small captive list that focuses on B2B in one city.  I need the list to be fully functional.  

Checked with my IT company last week and the black/red flags are still there.  

I can't even send email to my own company.

Travis

Message 7 of 12
Square

Our engineers are looking into things from our end to see if there's something we can do about it. I'm not sure what they'll find, though.

Message 8 of 12

I wish your engineers would call our IT department... They know how to fix it or at least can help them. They are powerless because it's on your end.

In the mean time I will hope and pray that it gets fixed becuase the product has great potential, but instead I just had to fork over another $700 for Constant Contact for the year. 

I hope Weebly understands the more popular its platform becomes, larger companies like mine will use it.  However, the products must work at 100%, like I'm getting form Constant Contact in order for me to have full trust in it.

Travis

Message 9 of 12

This is not just a Promote issue.  I have this trouble sending individual emails to my Comcast email addresses from my weebly professional email (a gmail address).  My Comcast customers simply do not receive my emails.  They are not sent to their spam folder.  I do not receive any undeliverable message.  They simply seem to disappear.  Please work this out with Comcast!  It is a major problem to not have emails delivered that are assumed to be delivered!

Message 10 of 12
Square

Comcast are notorious for blocking just about everything under the sun, unfortunately. Your email address through G Suite is using only Google's infrastructure and is totally separate from anything we use for Promote; only the billing and management is handled through us.

Message 11 of 12

Okay, that is good to know.  Thank you.

Message 12 of 12