x

Considering Weebly rather than Mailchimp

Hi, hoping for some comment here to say 'My thinking is sound' or to discover there are issues I'm not seeing. I received a response from Support recently that said Promote is not intended to be a comparison/replacement to MailChimp. I assume this is because MC used to its full extent is a full-on marketing tool with payment integrations etc. That's not how I use MC. I've got about 1200 subscribers (past course participants) that I send a newsletter to once every 1-2 months. I intend to build this up with Calls to Action from my site. So I'm using MC very lightly.

The reason I want to move to promote is that creating emails in Promote is way better than in MC and generally I'm super impressed with every dealing I've had with Weebly Support (which is non existant in MC). I've read some pretty scathing reviews here re Promote but am prepared to assume these are teething issues - I can't imaging Weebly having a product for very long that people dislike. 

My thinking is that for my purposes promote should work fine. I'm already paying $20pm for MailChimp which is way over the top for the way I use it. Thoughts? 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square

I know I'm biased, but I think your money will be much better spent on Promote - both for the ease of making your emails plus the tight integration with Weebly. We offer a 30 day refund on any purchase, and we also let you send 2 emails for free before you need to upgrade (I don't think you'd be able to email all 1200 people with the free emails, though, since it's limited to 500).

Message 2 of 10

I appreciate your reply Adam. I'll be testing it soon. 

Cheers,

Richard

Message 3 of 10

Hey Richard

Promote does have some really cool features... Is it the same as mailchimp? No. But you are paying less and you can send more. 

Some lateral thinking is required but the more I'm playing and tweaking the better the emails are going. There's a couple of missing things which I'm slowly but surely working out and requesting through the community forum. I would suggest you do the same, because with targeted feedback we can get the same great outcomes at a sensible price! Smiley Very Happy

Imogene

Message 4 of 10

@Adam, I did upgrade to Promote in Sept because of the promise of automated emails, which is cool, however, I cannot find the option to send a sequence.  As in my opt in is a series of videos with my intention to deliver an email every day or so for 5 or 6 days.  The email would contain a link back to my site to a page with that day's video.  I was hoping to have everything under Weebly's umbrella, but do I need to switch to a mail chimp contact form?  I guess I don't need a promote account then.  

Thanks as always,

Allison 

Message 5 of 10
Square

You can schedule emails with Promote, so you could set up a a number of those to go out over a several week period.

Message 6 of 10

thanks for the clarification, as always, Weebly wins the day. 

Message 7 of 10
Square

No problem!

Message 8 of 10

But you could send the same email  3 different times (at the same time) to 3 groups of contacts. 

Message 9 of 10

Message 10 of 10