x

Explain Promote and Email Lists (for the simple minded)

OK, I'm not simple minded...just not IT minded.

There is sooooo much I know I haven't been doing, but should (to grow).

One of those is an email list to promote my blog posts... duh! 

Please direct me to where "promote" is explained simply (super simply -- for those like me who do not have an IT brain Smiley Happy 

• Cost (I see there is a free option and an $8 a month option)
  • How are email addresses collected
  • How do I access this email list to send out my blurbs about new post

I had added a contact form in various places on my site, but I'm pretty sure this isn't the most ideal. 

Thank you Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square

Hey there! Smiley Happy We have a blog post about Promote here: https://www.weebly.com/features/email-marketing

The screenshots are a little outdated, but this is a great post to give you the highlights of how it works. The free option is just a trial of 2 email campaigns. After that you would need to pay for the service. We have 3 plans available. The $8/mo option is for our smallest plan but that is priced out if you pay annually. If you pay monthly it is $10/mo. When you log into your account you will see Email Marketing in the top left corner. Click on this and then click on Upgrade in the bottom left corner. Then choose Upgrade your Promote Plan, then click on Compare Plans. (sorry, seems like a lot of clicks to get here!)

The emails are collected if someone signs up for a newsletter, or fills out a contact form. Emails are also saved on checkout. In fact, if you click on Contacts on the Email Marketing page you will see that you've already collected a few. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11

Thank you! Oh my gosh, why have I not done this before?! ha! This looks so easy! 

Three questions:

• I have a credit on my account. If, after my first two email campaigns, I decide to pay, can I use this credit?
  • All those on the email list (that I didn't realize I had) say "not opted in." What does this mean?
  • Some of these email addresses are from forms completed a few years or so ago. If someone receives an email from me but no longer wants more, will they have an option to unsubsribe?
Message 3 of 11
Square

Hi Smiley Happy Sorry for the delay. 

1. The credit won't apply to Promote at this time. Smiley Sad I'm actually not 100% sure why but I'll see if I can find out. We can always get you a coupon though! 

2. Opted in means the user specifically agreed to receive promotional emails. However, if you send an email and they do not want to receive any more they can absolutely unsubscribe from the email. You will also be able to see which contacts have unsubscribed. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11

So if opted in means they have agreed to receive emails does "not opted in" mean they don't want emails or a newsletter? Then if so, why is their email address there?

Message 5 of 11

Yes please can you explain this? I have an email sign up on my shop ... customers fill it in.  so why are some of the emails 'not opted in' when the customer had actually filled out the form TO GET the newsletters??

I'm so confused about this .......

Message 6 of 11
Square

This is a pretty old thread, but this is a good question. Can you post a link to the page with your newsletter form? 

Message 7 of 11

I would really love to know if the people listed as "not opted in" are receiving my emails. Does "opted in/not opted in" refer to whether the person used a signup form vs me entering manually? Thanks!

Message 8 of 11
Square

Website visitors who complete the form will be automatically added to all contacts and the group that’s associated with the form. The opted-in/not opted-in specifies whether the visitor has explicitly consented to receiving marketing e-mails on the checkout page. 

You can view who receives the emails for your Promote campaigns by clicking on the email and viewing the list. You will see who has received, and who has actually opened/read the email. 

Message 9 of 11

I have customers who sign up via my newsletter link but they are not opted in. I send out an email and I get all these angry customers who see via instagram, that I have sent out a members only email, but they don't receive it. When I look them up it shows they signed up for the newsletter but they are in the not opted in group!?

Message 10 of 11
Square

Is it all signups that are not opted-in, or just some of signups, @mountainclay?

Message 11 of 11