x

Export a Contact Form

Hi, wonder if anyone can help.

How can I export the information gathered from a contact form so I can use it elsewhere.

We already have an excel spreadsheet of contacts that we need to add the contact form infotrmation to and wondered if there is a quick way of doing it.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Richard

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Square

Hey @WMPC

From your account dashboard, click on the > button for form entries, then use the button to the right to export your entries to a CSV file.  There's also a drop-down to the left to choose which form you want to view and export.

Message 2 of 16

Hi Adam,

Can you explain this a little more clearly? For "account dashboard", do you mean when I first log in, or the settings for the website I'm editing with the form on it? (I manage multiple websites.)

I can't seem to find the > you reference anywhere, on the form settings. on the website settings, etc. Can you maybe post a screenshot?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 16

No worries, it's easy to miss at first. You'll want to start on the page right after you log in, and look here:

Message 4 of 16

This card is not available on my dashbaord, yet we have a form on our site. Must the site be published for this card to be available?

Message 5 of 16
Square

The card won't show until you've gotten at least one entry to the form, so if you've published and it's on your live site it'll show once someone uses it.

Message 6 of 16

Hi Adam,  Wonder if you can help, when I expert the data it does not download as csv or an .xlsx,  but html.  Any suggestions? 

Thank you,

Svava 

Message 7 of 16
Square

Where are you exporting your entries from, @Svava? Try this:

1. On your dashboard, click on the > button for form entries

2. On the page that pops up, click the export option on the top right

Message 8 of 16

Thank you for your reply. I am exporting them from a list of contacts that I have gathered on weebly, using a lead capture or a subscription box that pops up on my blog.  I did what you suggested but the file that downloads is html not just the text. Is it a browser issue?  I am moving them over to my aweber account because I have all my email autoresponders set up there. 

Message 9 of 16

Hello Svava!

The file that comes from that particular button should definitely be a CSV file, rather than an HTML file. There are a few different routes you can take to export, this one being through the dashboard, rather than the editor. It may not hurt to try a browser change, just in case.

Message 10 of 16

Hello!

I have an account through Pop.co , I dont really see anything but the Build section.

So I dont really see this dashboard.  Some help with thies please?

Message 11 of 16
Square

If you built the site using the editor through a third party host, we won't be able to log into your account to check on the issue. Sorry about that! You might want to contact Pop.co - if something is broken they have channels to contact us to get it fixed.

Message 12 of 16

I am sorted now. (Wish I could - DELETE my post)

Message 13 of 16

Can you export selected form entries or must you always export all form entries? I don't see a place to check off certain forms, from a certain date only, for example. Thank you!

Message 14 of 16
Square

Hi @weeblyquestion. There should be a button that you can use to filter by date, although there are no other filtering options outside of that.

Message 15 of 16

Thank you Adam. I did communicate with someone in customer service and it sounds like this will get suggested for review for an added feature someday.

Message 16 of 16