x

Facebook Dynamic Ads via Promote pixel

Hi Weebly, as a promote user i was looking forward to running dymanic ads. i had a look in facebook tonight as i was going to upload my product catalogue (manually) but then realised i didnt need to as it was already there via the promote pixel - good news! Bad news though is facebook is saying some speficic parameters are missing in the pixel events-

Missing content_type parameter from "ViewContent" in Promote Pixel

Missing content_ids or contents parameter from "ViewContent" in Promote Pixel

So unfotunalty my excitment has dwindled, can you let me know if you plan to implement these? I manually implemented the ViewContent event so at a page level these will be fine, but facebook also expects and requires them on click on Add to Basket & i dont have access to change that code. This will also impact dynamic ads working in the promote UI

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

I don't see any Ads created for Promote in Promote > Ads, @kc_cottage, although I do see you've at least connected to Facebook from within Promote. I think those errors will go away if you set up some Ads - can you try setting up your ads and let me know if you still see those warnings?

Message 2 of 6

Thanks Adam, i was going to set the ads up in facebook as i wanted to do a particular set of prouducts and i couldnt see how to do it in promote, though i will try it in facebook, im sure i'll get the same error message if i did it in promote. though im not sure if Promote is collecting data properly, ive had it connected for a while and its saying there is no data 

Message 3 of 6
Square

I think it has no data because there haven't been any ads to collect data from, or at least no ads that were created through it that it would know to get data from.

Message 4 of 6

thanks, i managed to set up a campaign in facebook using a specific set of products and it appears to be working so far!

Message 5 of 6
Square

That's great!

Message 6 of 6