x

Getting spammed through Promote

I keep getting spam email sign ups on my Promote list. I the past week I have deleted multiple sign ups from spam email addresses, an email address of a deceased friend of mine and one of my own old email addresses which I deleted yesterday and it was back there today.
We had a pop up sign up form on the site but we took it down yesterday to see if that made a difference.
Could this be from when Weebly was hacked?
Your help would be appreciated.
I have just checked and there are two more signed up now 11/24/2016 and I have only just deleted a whole string of them in the past 20 mins.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

When was weebly hacked? So glad to be a weebly customer and kept informed. :[

Message 2 of 10

Hello Creature! Sorry for the confusion, the incident being referred to there would have occured in October. We sent out emails to everyone affected at the time, but if you've missed them for any reason, we have a full page of the details here.

Where the emails are concerned, there isn't an inbuilt filter on a form to verify the email adresses placed in it. If you're seeing addresses reappear after being deleted even when the form is gone, however, definitely let our team know. They can make some test submissions and help get that cleared up.

Message 3 of 10

We were notified about it. 

Message 4 of 10

My apologies I didn't read the post properly from Queso.
Message 5 of 10

It was in October that the hacking took place.

Message 6 of 10

I just checked again in the Contacts section of Promote where my email contacts are listed and there have been 72 spam email addresses added since this morning. I have deleted them all but no doubt they will be up there again soon. This is very frustrating as it means that I am unable to trust my own list to send out messages or emails.
Message 7 of 10

I have just been informed by email and I see here that I have been promoted to scholar. How wonderful... Smiley Sad
How does that solve my problem and why is no one in Weebly talking with me about this problem.
Message 8 of 10

Medwoman, you'll want to get in touch directly via hc.weebly.com. While we're able to answer some questions here in the Community, our support team will be able to go more in-depth regarding account details and other information that should help resolve the issue.

Message 9 of 10

Wow i never have had that happen to me ever...

Message 10 of 10