x

How long for your first sale

Hi everyone.  Am starting to become concerned that after 2-3 months, I have still not had a sale yet.  It seems that I am getting plenty of traffic, lots of looking around,  but not one sale yet Smiley Sad  

I am managing to sell my products on other sites, (in New Zealand and internationally) but just nothing happening on the website. Obviously it is costing to keep the website going and am now starting to re-think just how long do I give it if it's not proving to be successful.

Can others tell me how long it took for your first sale to give me some idea if I'm on (or way off!!) track!

Thanks a mill 

Jen

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

@minimaker

Address of your website?

Message 2 of 8

Message 3 of 8

@minimaker"  Well Jen that is the reality of a business.  Unfortunately, low cost DIY website builders have created the perception that put up anuthing with www in cyberspace and money will start pouring in.  It also depends on lots of factors: the stuff you are selling, quality and attractiveness of your website, your price point, can people find you on internet, are you proactive, and so on and on.  Weebly help center has some very useful articles, and you can also find them on internet from quality sites like hubspot.

Hang in there and good luck.

Message 4 of 8
Square

The Inspiration Center is another good resource for broader topics about running an online business:

http://www.weebly.com/inspiration

Message 5 of 8

Thanks to all that have replied.  I do understand that there is a lot more involved than just throwing up a website and expecting everyone to rush to you.

I do have a lot of people click in and around (way more than I was expecting!!) but that's it.

I guess I was just trying to get an average of how long it took for a first sale just to give me some kind of idea as to whether I should push on longer or pack it in.

Message 6 of 8

Somebody?  Anybody?   

Really would like to know how look it took for your first sale....need SOME kind of idea whether to keep on with website or just carry on selling my products through other websites and social media etc as I have always done. Really am thinking of flagging the website altogether as it not worth it if it is just gonna keep costing me $50 NZD every month.  This is why I wanted some kind of idea how long it took others to make their first sale...so I can make a decision as to whether I should end it or keep on for a little longer

Message 7 of 8

Hi

It took me 2 months to understand. You have to do a lot of offsite optimisation, then it starts.

For example: Classifieds ads sites made my first sell. I listed my stuff on many classified ads sites - and put a link to my site on each one.

I made some promotions on FB (boost post) linking always my site.

At the beggining my site wasn't selling directly - but still was selling. By the time and some onsite optimisation also the site started to sell and I stopped to boost posts (FB) weekly - Now I do it once a month or if some special promotions. I still use (free) Classified ads - but I choose only the best 2 or 3.

Hope it wors also for you.

Bye Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 8