x

I'm not sure unsubscribe is working

Someone recently unsubscibed from my mailing list. Just to test that unsubsribe had worked, this was my first since using Promote, I searched for their name. It was still there in the mailing list, the only difference being that there wasa red dot against their name in the status column, which apparently means that they have unsubscribed.

What is the status column there for? If I hover over a clear button in that column, I get something like, "not opted in." What does that mean?

I would expect unsubscribe to remove a user from my mailing list. I would not want someone to receive my emails if they do not want them - that would not look good.

Is this experience expected? If so, please explain how it works.

Thank you,

David.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Hello David!

The red dot there indicates they're opted out of your mailings. This means they won't be receiving your emails. They remain listed there, which lets you be aware they've opted out, and avoid re-adding them in error, but they don't receive your mailings any further.

If for any reason they, or anyone else opted out, is still receiving them, definitely get in touch with our support team ASAP. We take that pretty seriously.

Message 2 of 5

Thank you for that explanation.

I just want to be clear how this works.

I had sent an email out to a mailing list and the person in question unsubscribed from the mailing list as a result of that email. Although she is still listed in the mailing list there is a red dot next to name. So am I correct that if I was to send another email out to that list and left her name in that list, she would not receive the email?

David.

Message 3 of 5
Square

That's correct, @Malabead.

Message 4 of 5

Thank you Adam.

David.

Message 5 of 5