x

Landing Pages

I am using Instapage to create landing pages to promote my business. Does anyone know how to add a landing page to my Weebly website?

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Square

To make a landing page in Weebly, add a page to your site on the Pages tab and drag it to the top of the list of pages - this will make it the home page of the site.  Next, click on page type drop-down and choose "Splash" or "Landing Page".  Both of these page types are well suited for landing pages.

Finally, add content to the page using the elements on the left.

Message 2 of 34

Adam,

Thanks! Is there a way to add landing pages that are not your home page? We want to add some new programs to our service line that have their own unique landing page.

Message 3 of 34
Square

Absolutely! You can go to the Pages tab and select the "Landing" or "Splash" page type for any page of your site.

Message 4 of 34

Timely info, thanks. I tried this on my own Weebly site but do not see any option for "landing" or "splash" page. I only see "standard", "blog", "store", "external" and "non-clickable menu". What am i doing wrong? 

Message 5 of 34

It sounds like you're looking at the page type itself, rather than the Header type. Once the page is made, the Header drop-down will be on its Pages menu.

Message 6 of 34

thanks
Message 7 of 34

i have the same problem
Message 8 of 34
Square

@ayusayurveda wrote:
i have the same problem

What site are you having trouble with, @ayusayurveda?

Message 9 of 34

Bonjour Adam,

I have the same problem than TSCJody. I try to make a ''landing page'' but I do not see any option for "landing" or "splash" page.

First I create a new site on weebly then I tried on my own weebsite but I can't see it anywhere.

Need help please.

Maud

I will re-create a new site : comparermesplacements

Message 10 of 34

Ok ! je viens de trouver ''splash'', je continue mon exploration. Maud
Message 11 of 34

Hi there. I am in the same situation. Following all the prompts to 

1) make a page

2) select heading

3) select landing or splash...does not exist in the dropdown. I have now looked to see if I need an upgrade but do not see anything listed about landing pages. 

If I can't solve this with weebly I will have to move on to your competitors but I'd rather not.

Thanks for your help.

Lindsay 

lindsay@experiencetinyhomes.org

Message 12 of 34
Square

Hi @LindsayWood. Smiley Happy The theme you are using (Dusk 2) doesn't have a splash page option. The original Dusk theme has one, though. If you are logged into your account, you can preview it by clicking on this link https://www.weebly.com/themes/theme/253477038470327955

Message 13 of 34

I also have this issue! I do see the "Splash" option under the Header settings, but that page doesn't allow for content; only text and the main website menu. Please Weebly, how do we access Landing or Splash page types, and is it limited to business sites only? 

Message 16 of 34
Square

Hi, @Brycar44. Welcome to the Community! We don't limit theme access by account type or upgrade. You'd probably need to customize the theme to add a content area to that page type, but I wouldn't recommend doing that unless you're really familiar with HTML and CSS.

Message 16 of 34

Excuse me Adam,

But if we chose the option of "landing page", when we upload it, the others pages will not be seen in the site?

We want to test the pages, so, we want to have a landing page and separated the completed site.

Message 16 of 34
Square

Landing pages will still include the site's navigation, so people can get to other pages of the site.

Message 17 of 34

Hi Adam:  When adding a new page, I only have options for standard, blog, category, product, external, and non-clickable menu.  How do I get the Landing page option?  Thanks,

Cristina

Message 18 of 34
Square

Page types changed a little bit after we released Sections.  Try this instead:

1. Choose Standard Page

2. From the header type dropdown, choose "splash"

Message 19 of 34

Adam,

I also want to make a landingpage, but unfortunately there's no header under the name 'landingpage' or 'splashpage' within my theme. Is there any other way to obtain the outline and features of a landingspage, i.e. absence of navigation etc.? Which themes do provide these headertypes?

Kind regards,

Marco (the Netherlands)

Message 20 of 34

Hey there Marco! With the recent update, header types have changed a great deal, as much of what they've done has been taken up by the funcitons of Sections. Removing navigation entirely would be something you'd need to do via HTML or CSS editing, however. Sorry for the confusion!

Message 21 of 34