x

Limit on Test e-mails?

Why in the world is there a limit on test e-mails. I send about 4 or 5 and I'm cutoff. This is part of the editing process! This is how I test the links to make sure they work. This is how I know what it is going to look like in the final product. Why?

The current draft e-mail I am attempting is using embeddd YouTube videos. The links aren't working right and when I open the e-mail the overall e-mail image is about 3 times the size of my screen. So something is wrong and I need to fix it, but I can't because of this stupid limit! My head is going to explode trying to use this so called product. Every time, without fail, I run into another road block.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

@DelTapparo, the test email field has a maximum set because it is not meant to allow unlimited emails being sent out. I am sorry you are having trouble. Unfortunately, you cannot embed video on a Promote email at this time. But you can link to a YouTube URL, and your recepient can click the link to see the video there.

Message 2 of 8

So you think I'm going to cheat the system by sending out unlimited e-mails to my customers ONE at a time? If I wanted to do that, why would I be wasting my money on a mass mailing program?

Are you saying the YouTube icon in the Promote editor doesn't work at this time, and I have to just use a plain link? And if it doesn't work, why is it there?

Message 3 of 8

Do I think you, @DelTapparo, are going to "cheat the system"? No. But the system is set up the way it is to prevent unlimited emails from that test field.

We cannot put videos into an email, but the YouTube element in Promote allows you to create a thumbnail (with "play button") which is linked to the actual youtube video.

Message 4 of 8

I used the YouTube element, and the results were unsatisfactory. When I got the test e-mail, the YouTube element was 5 times bigger than it was in the design phase and swamped out the entire screen.

One of the reasons I need more test tries, is about halp the time I don't receive the e-mail. Some kind of problem between you and Comcast that I have previously invested many days on.

I see no good reason other than policy to limit the tests. I guess the only solution is to just scrap the e-mail and start all over again.

Message 5 of 8
Square

Comcast has historically been fairly overzealous when it comes to preventing delivery of emails, although we've resolved that any time it happened. Did you open your test email in a web browser or with an email program, @DelTapparo?

Message 6 of 8

It looked horrible in e-mail format, OK in the browser.

Message 7 of 8
Square

Ok - what email program was it?

Message 8 of 8