x

Merge fields

Hi,

I'm keen to see if I can use extra merge fields from my uploaded contact .csv file.

For example, if I wanted to merge in more information than just Name, FirstName and LastName, how would I go about this - would it be a case of mapping each field in my .csv file to a Weebly-created name, and then surrounding the field name with % tags?

Specifically, this is what I'm trying to achieve. I work in a vet clinic. Each month we generate reminders for various aspects of pet care (eg due for a vaccination). It would be great to not only name the client within the email, but also maybe mention the pet's name, as well as what they may be due for (and when).

Any help appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

That's a really interesting idea, although it would require some additional work on our end to support. We'd need to store extra contact information and create corresponding merge tags mapped to it (like you were thinking). If you'd like us to add that to Promote I'd recommend posting it on our Vote on Features board.

Message 2 of 4

Hi Adam, 

thanks for your reply. Just thinking of a work-around - I'm wondering if at the field-mapping stage (see screenshot), I could map one of my fields (eg the Pet's name) to something arbitrary, eg 'notes', and then merge that field into my emails.

Would that be functional, and if so, would I then go ahead and insert %notes% into my email?

Thanks,

Cameron.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4

Hello camfay! So far as I know, you wouldn't currently be able to use the internal categories there as manually-placed tags in your email.

Message 4 of 4