x

Number of Test emails allowed

The limit on the number of test emails is really disappointing.  The interface is difficult to work with and very temperamental.  It can easily take 10 test emails to get everything right, especially all the hyperlinks, because for some reason, they don't always take the first time you key them in the text editor.

Will probably discontinue the feature.  Very disappointed in it.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Hello! Sorry to hear about the issues you've encountered in the editor. Have the links not been taking in the editor itself, or is it a problem that only appears in the sent email?

Message 2 of 13

I have been using Weebly for a year with no restriction on test emails. AND YES you are right it takes many to tweek your work.  

But today I have discovered they limited these test emails and now I am hung out to dry.... They should return it to unlimited or put a POSTED limit on it say 25 with a counter that indicates how many you are at.  And calling them did notthing. Ruth

Message 3 of 13

Hi RuthBD,

It comes with 2 trial emails, you can send out test emails to see how it works, however there is no need to keep sending multiple test emails, the preview window is how the email will look (there is a test email function so you don't have to waste your 2 test emails if you don't want to). If you really want to test out the system, you can upgrade, if you do a 1 year promote, there is a 30 day money back guarentee. 

Message 4 of 13

I have the upgraded package... the problem is they went from unlimited tests to 5 tests without any way for the user to know this ...until it was too late...choices; put a display a number counter or allow unlimited test emails for customers that do not abuse the system.  For those that abuse it ...drop them to 5 ...but not everyone.

Message 5 of 13

The preview window does NOT always reflect what the actual email looks like. I've been fighting with the program for the last two hours, duplicating draft emails so I can continue to utilize the test email feature. Everything looks good in the preview window but test emails are received with margins out to the far right, inability to see images, etc. I've drafted emails with several different themes and have to say, as a long-timer user of constant contact, I'm dissapointed in Weebly promote thus far. If the preview window did always reflect the format that was actually received, the test email limitation may not be as big of a deal. But it doesn't so it is.

Message 6 of 13

Hello Maguirec! Sorry for the confusion, could you tell us a bit more about what happens with the images not appearing?

Message 7 of 13

Thanks for the kudos... whatever that is... I would rather have the unlimited test emails.

Message 8 of 13

100% agree with your observations as I am experiencing the same difficulties. We have an intranet so I have to send numerous tests before I get the kinks worked out so that everything displays properly. Weebly needs to make this functional and easier to use!! The # of test emails should be at least 10, not 1!

Message 9 of 13

Yes, I know this is an old thread, but the problem remains!

Limiting test e-mails is rediculous! Why do you have to limit test e-mails being send to the guy generating the e-mail. This is part of the editing process, and if Promote worked a little bit better, it wouldn't take 10 tries to get it done.

Here's my thought .... Why not just restrict the test e-mails to be sent to the Promote user's e-mail address. Unlimited! 

I don't understand this fear that maybe a test e-mail or two might be sent to someone other than the originator anyway. Who wants to send this stuff out one at a time? That's why we are using Promote; mass mailing.

Message 10 of 13

how can you limit the test email while even it doesn't even seems right in view browser.. 

the images are wayyy off, and spacer is "appearing" from my iphone.. now my cotact list is up to 3000 and how can i send out without ensuring the email looks right? 

Message 11 of 13
Square

Do you have the link to view the email in the browser handy, @linjinjin? I'd like to check it in a couple browsers.

Message 12 of 13

not anymore.. 

Message 13 of 13