x

People who unsubscribe

I sent out my first email a week ago. I got a few people who unsubscribed, but they still showed up in my contact list. I know they unsubscribed because the circle next to their name turned red.

I'm wondering why they weren't removed from my contact list? Am I supposed to do this manually? Or would they not receive future emails from me? 

I wasn't sure what this meant, so I deleted them from my contact list. But it would be nice to know if people really are unsubscribed in case I miss someone.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

You can remove them if you want or just leave them; they won't receive any emails once they unsubscribe. If they change their minds and resubscribe at some point then it would update their contact so they receive emails again.

Message 2 of 7

Hi Adam

If people unsubscribe but then decide to re-subscribe, there is no way for them to do this.  How is this possible as you said in your previous email.  I have tested it on an new newsletter opt-in form and the name does not even come across to the weebly promote list.

Message 3 of 7
Square

I'm running a test to see what happens, @StevenC89. In the meantime you could remove unsubscribed contacts as you get them just in case, though.

Message 4 of 7

Did this ever get resolved? How do they resubscribe? Is this something an admin can do?

Message 5 of 7
Square

People who unsubscribed can resubscribe using the same methods they used to subscribe in the first place, like entering their information in a sign up form, or by checking a box during checkout saying they'd like to receive promotional emails.

Message 6 of 7

When signing up the email address again, checking the opt-in box, their status is still unsubscribed. It added them to the group list, but not as an active subscriber.

Not sure why it didn't work for me.

Message 7 of 7