x

Promote Pricing Structure

To Whom It May Concern,

As a long time Weebly customer I have looked heavily at Promote.  I Honestly do not like using MailChimp, but having a new mail program I felt it was better wo start as affordable as I could in case I didn't have the response I was hoping for.

That being said I felt I should come on here and share my thoughts.  Again I have been a loyal Pro member for years and I appreciate the feature growth I have seen with Weebly; however Promote, like many of the new services, is priced out of line.  I know the business of your business, like my and many others here, is to make money.  

But if we focus on Promote you get very little for your $96 a years on the build version.  I get much more from Mailchimp for free.  I want to use Promote mainly for two reason, one place to do all things with my site, and the built in convenience that it works with my site (instead of embedded codes).

I really think the powers that be should do a little research on competitors to see how they stack up.  I am not asking for much.  Maybe you add 1 Automation a month, 1 scheduled a month, 1 Smart Group..... etc. It would not only allow members the ability to "BUILD" (like the name says) their mailing list but to try out these additional features which in turn may encourage them to upgrade bause they want more of them.  

I do not know if this will cross the path of anyone of importance at Weebly or if I am just typing to see myself type.... I would hope that Weebly would take this under advisement and see there might be a better way to make money while still offering their customers value.

Thank you for your time,

Mitch

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square

Thanks for your feedback reading our Promote plans, @jammallnyte. We appreciate your thoughts and really value what you and other people think regarding our features, plans and their related value. I'll share your comments with the rest of the team to consider.  Thanks again for posting!

Message 2 of 11

Totally agree. Like if there was a cheaper plan where you only do 1-2 campaigns a month but it had high number of recipients. 

Or even plans included all the sites that you have. Like for instance I run 4 blogs if they were able to share the same "promote account" where got to use up to 5 email campaigns per month with whatever site I choose would neat. I'd definitely sign up if that was case. 

Message 3 of 11

I agree! I only want the smart groups feature. I am a new business, I don't even sell anything yet and I find it extremely OVERPRICED to use. Not only do I have to get the business plan for almost $300 a year, but another $300 just to send customers a thank you email LOL 

They should really have a STARTER business plan. ALLOW US TO GROW. We can't grow with these prices, you'll make us go out of business before we even begin!! I'd rather pay a sales % for all my sales to use these features until I am making enough money to pay for these crazy plans...

Message 4 of 11

Totally agree ... start with a pricing structure of 1 email per month to 1000+ people and allow to build. 

Message 5 of 11

I Agree. As a new business, I was going to use MailChimp for it provides so many relevant things for small businesses without tying their hands for monthly or yearly commitments. However since I built my new website [www.leasewell.ca]using Weebly, I thought using their promote features would help me do the same things at the same place.

However, after using it a couple of weeks now I find that I can hardly even try anything let alone doing small routine things using pro plan. The Promote prices are so out of line that I don't think as a new business I can afford. I'm re-thinking my decision to stay and considering giving MailChimp another thought!

Message 6 of 11
Square

Thank you for your feedback. What type of features are you looking for that you are not able to do?

Message 7 of 11

I work with multiple non profits who sends out a newsletter email every 4 months to their 5000 contacts. They cannot afford to pay $8 per month for Weebly promote ontop of the $8 per month for their website. This also goes for all the small businesses I work with. Entrepreneurs working from home trying to run a family and business at the same it.

It is as simple as that.

For unlimited emails Constant contact is $20 per mo to 500 recipients and Mail chimp is $20 per month to a 1000 while Weebly is $8 per month to 500.

Why try to structure your pricing to these competitors? Weebly has always stood out from the crowd with a different approach. Please listen to us and help us grow by shaping your plan to the needs of YOUR target market instead of trying to fit into the competition.

Thank you for listening.

Message 8 of 11
Square

Thank you so much for the feedback. We can definitely make sure to get all of the thoughts and comments from this thread to the right department. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11

well i see from 2016 that nothing has changed. The pricing for email marketing is extorsion!!! very very disappointed in weebly, looking elsewhere for a whole new website and marketing system i cant believe the prices you are charging for over 2500 subscribers. Disgusting!

Message 10 of 11

would be great to have one automated email permitted in the basic plan - agree with this thread that Promote is overpriced and under resourced but convenient for the colocation
Message 11 of 11