x

Promote- automatically Sending confirm email adress emails to people who have not opted in

i do not feel promote should be sending emails to people asking them to confirm their email adress if they have not chosen to opt in to marketing updates, i was told by weebly staff members that it would only send mails to people that have opted in to email marketing, but in fact it looks like its too all 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

How are they getting their email addresses into Promote, @Kieran? Are these emails from newsletter or popup forms, or from store purchases?

Message 2 of 6

@Adamit was a store purchase, that they did not choose to tick marketing updates at checkout

but a double opt in mail via promote was sent, in my mind he should not have recieved this

also, because he was sending the order to another adress/person, the opt in email assumed his name was from the shipping details rather than the billing adress which also in my mind is wrong

Message 3 of 6
Square

Was this purchase made before May 25th or after? Do you have any other forms on your site you use with Promote that they might have also entered info into?

Message 4 of 6

After may 25th @Adam

and no, i dont have any other programs, only a contact form, to which i do not believe he used as the email reply back i got, was directly replying to the automated promote email which was sent

to which i have now disabled as i dont believe it is legal to be sending automated opt in mails to people who do not request marketing, its meant to be double verification not double try and get them to opt in

Message 5 of 6

How to do the promotion other then emails any other option to promote the new website. http://farmhousebhopal.in/farmhouse-bhopal/

Message 6 of 6