x

Where do I find the "BCC" field for my recipients?

Hello,

I'm having my first crack at "Promote" and I must say, I'm fairly impressed with what I see.

The only question I have is:

Where can I set the recipients to be "blind carbon copy" or "BCC?

I know I find it personally infuriating when a sender of a bulk email puts my email address out there for every Tom, sodium hydroxide & Harry to see.  I don't like sodium hydroxide, I don't want him to have my email address, but there it is, out there for sodium hydroxide to give it to me!

So I would never send out a bulk email without setting the recipients' to BCC.

Problem is, I can't find where to set that attribute, can someone help me out please?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Hi, there!

I completely understand what you're saying, and I agree that privacy is important.

This is a default setting. Regardless of your list size, each person will only see their email listed. In other words, you don't need to do anything special. You list is already in the BCC field.

Thanks, and enjoy your day!

Erin

Weebly Community Manager

Message 2 of 11

Thanks Erin,

I would have thought that to be the case, however my own actual experience would seem to indicate otherwise.

I tried a "test" send to 2 of my own email addresses and both were sent as clear "Carbon Copy" (CC), not "Blind Carbon Copy" (BCC).

That's why I posted the question, as I'm too "risk-adverse" to send an acutal bulk "promote" email out whilst there's a chance they are actually sent as "CC".

Many thanks,

duBe

Message 3 of 11

Hi, again!

I'm going to send you a private message with an image from a sent email so you can see what it looks like. I believe the test email is just a bit different from the full sent email.

Thanks,

Erin

Message 4 of 11

Hi Erin,

I have this same fear as well. Most of my clientele are direct competitors and for obvious reasons I want to guarantee that nobody will be able to see the list of recipients. I've tried multiple test e-mails to some of our inboxes here at our company but when I open the test email it shows every email listed in the group.

Please advise...

Message 5 of 11

It's just the test email. I'm happy to send you a screenshot of what the real email will look like. Just let me know, and I'll PM you.

Thanks, and enjoy your day!
Erin

Message 6 of 11

I have this same question. I have created an email but when I send a test to two different email addresses of mine, I can see both addresses in the filed. I just want to be sure that I am not exposing my entire mailing list. (And in both addresses all receipients show.)

Thank you for your assistance.

Message 7 of 11

Hi Erin, 

I also have the same concerns and have delayed sending my campaign b/c no one answered this question on chat during regular hours.

My question is - Are you absolutely sure that recipents don't see the other recipent address despite the test emails showing otherwise? I need to be sure before I risk others' private information, but your reply to duBe saying that 'I believe' the test email is different doesn't sound sure, unfortunately, so I can't proceed. 

Please verify and confirm? Thank you!!

Laura

Message 8 of 11
Square

Hey Laura! I've sent and recieved emails through Promote from myself and coworkers, and I've never seen any other recipients in any of the emails gotten. 

Message 9 of 11

Has this been confirmed by anyone else?  I definitely want my recipients bcc'd.

Message 10 of 11

Hi!

I came across your question from years ago regarding bulk emails sent from square. Did you verify the information given to you by the responder? Was it indeed accurate that the email has a default bcc feature?

Many thanks,

Sara 

Message 11 of 11