x

2 points of sale for iPad Air linked to one kitchen receipt printer?

We are looking into purchasing 2 iPad Air with Square Stand setups including 1-2 of the Ethernet kitchen printers to go with it. We have a very small kitchen area, but one register will be at our drivethru, and one will be at our counter. Does anyone know if one Ethernet kitchen printer be linked to both systems since they'll be in such a small area? If so, will the printout say which system it's being printed from? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Yep! You can hook up more than one Square Stand to your ethernet kitchen ticket printer but your tickets will not display which device the order is coming from. 

While your tickets won't display the device, you can specify if a dining option which will display on the kitchen ticket. You can create your own custom dining option and name it "Drive Through" so your kitchen staff and cashiers will know where each order is coming from.  

Message 2 of 4

How do I set up my POS machine so my kitchen can see whats ordered?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @bizneswoman

Welcome to the Seller Community 🙌🏼

You can choose to have a kitchen ticket printer setup so that orders are printed to your kitchen directly, or you can have a digital display style setup with our integrated partnership with Fresh KDS

Check out this Support Center article on the integration:

Fresh KDS and Square

Message 4 of 4