x
Beta Member

Adding Bottle Deposits in Michigan?

I am trying to figure out how to add a bottle deposit to my alcohol sales without the deposit ending up being taxed.  I have tried all kinds of things such as making a modifier, etc but they all end up being taxed.  My only other option is to create an item or service charge which on the square register would have to be found to add to the sale.  This seems to complicated for times when we are busy, as it could easily be overlooked.  If anyone has a work around for this, please let know.

As far as Square is concerned, I have seen other people out there looking for an answer for the last several years.  You are ignoring a large percentage of your retailers by not having found an easy answer for this yet.  PLEASE ADDRESS THIS ASAP.  I cannot be the only one who find this very inconvenient.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @jcamp7065,

We appreciate you posting this. We totally see how this feature would be valuable for businesses like yours. We actually recommend posting this on our Ideate board where Sellers like you post ideas and can vote on them.

Also, welcome to the Seller Community! 🥳 We are so happy to have you here. While you are here, we recommend checking out our Orientation & Etiquette. Hope this helps! 😊

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2