x

Adding multiple entries of the same item in a ticket

Hi,

I have just started using Square and it works fine. I Have one question, can I set up Square so  different entries of an item add up instead of showing up multiple times. I.E. if i add 2 beers to a ticket and later I add 2 more can the ticket show 4 beers rather than 2 times 2.

Thank you,

Kind regards

Olav @ Zaagmolen.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

You can not change quantities on open tickets.  It will, as you have stated, add another line.  I believe this is done so that you can see the orders as they were if there is a dispute.  Say a patron has 6 people at a table and in total orders 15 brews, you can show them it was 6 the first time, 5 the second time, and 4 the third time.  You can delete an item if you are not using comp and void and then enter the new total but that is risky as the items can get miscounted or forgotten to be added on again.

Message 2 of 5
Admin

Thanks for helping to clarify this, @VanKalkerFarms. 💯

@zaagmolen, appreciate you bringing this up. I'll share your experience with our Product Liaison team. We're always working to improve and we'll certainly follow up with any helpful updates. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 5

Thank you both for your replies. I see the logic in keeping the seperate additions. It is just thet I give out hand written cheques in my restaurant and combining the items would be a great help. I realize not many will ever need this feature 🙂

Thanks again,

Olav @ Zaagmolen

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Copy that! Appreciate your patience, Olav. I'll be sure to pass your insight over to the appropriate team — please don't hesitate to reach out if anything else comes up!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 5 of 5